The Rossoneri will be confident of picking up full points as they resume their title chase when the relegation-threatened Ligurians visit on Saturday afternoon
Bonera, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini
Nocerino, Van Bommel, Muntari
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy
Mesto, Granqvist, Carvalho, Bovo
Rossi, Veloso, Kucka, Sculli
Ze Eduardo, Palacio
AC Milan had many walking-wounded during the 1-0 over Chievo, but the situation is less dire for coach Massimiliano Allegri for the clash at San Siro.
Goalkeeper Christian Abbiati has a foot problem, but is expected to feature nonetheless, while defender Daniele Bonera and midfielder Alberto Aquilani return from suspension with the former slotting in at right-back. However, veteran Massimo Ambrosini and centre-back Thiago Silva are sidelined due to injury.
Dutch midfielder Mark van Bommel has recovered to play at the heart of midfield, but playmaker Kevin-Prince Boateng and striker Alexandre Pato are still not available. Thus, Stephan El Shaarawy looks set to partner Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front with Robinho, Antonio Cassano, and Maxi Lopez all options off the bench.
Genoa's situation seems to be getting worse by the week as the coaching reappointment of Alberto Malesani, following the sacking of Pasquale Marino, has done little to lift their form and they now sit just two points above the relegation zone.
Former Milan man Kakha Kaladze is injured along with midfielder Kevin Constant, while Fernando Belluschi and left-back Emiliano Moretti are both suspended.
Another ex-Rossonero, striker Alberto Gilardino, could find himself on the bench to start this one in favour of Ze Eduardo who could partner the club's top-scorer Rodrigo Palacio up front.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan have lost just one of their last six matches against Genoa, a 1-0 reverse in May 2010.
- Star striker Ibrahimovic leads the Serie A scoring charts with 23 goals and is 5/2 to score the first goal with Paddy Power.
- Allegri's men have let in nine goals at home this season, less than any other Serie A team.
- Genoa have not won in their previous 10 matches, their last victory coming February 5 against Lazio.
- The Grifone have the worst defensive record in the top flight this season, having conceded 58 times.
- Gilardino has scored three goals in 11 appearances since his winter move from Fiorentina.