But those matches were in the League Cup and the FA Cup, respectively, and they are still on a 20-match unbeaten run with 15 consecutive home victories in the Premier League
Zabaleta, Richards, Lescott, Clichy
Nasri, Milner, Barry, Silva
Walker, Kaboul, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale
Van der Vaart
Both Kolo and Yaya Toure are away on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations, and are unavailable for this game. Otherwise, the Italian boss has all other players available as Mario Balotelli has recovered from an ankle injury.
Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp will not be able to field Emmanuel Adebayor in this fixture, since he is not allowed to play against his parent club. This should see Jermain Defoe leading the line up front.
Ledley King is a doubt due to a hamstring injury. But if he regains fitness, the centre-half should play alongside Michael Dawson in the heart of defence.
Meanwhile, David Bentley (knee), William Gallas (calf), Tom Huddlestone (ankle) and Jermaine Jenas (Achilles) are all sidelined due to their respective injuries.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City's 5-1 victory at White Hart Lane early on in the season was their biggest win over Tottenham away from home.
- Roberto Mancini's men are in solid form at home, and are currently on an unbeaten streak of 20 matches in the Premier League. This run has also seen them accumulate 15 consecutive victories at Eastlands.
- City have also conceded only four goals at the Etihad Stadium in league games this season, which makes them the team with the best home defence in the league.
- The current league leaders have scored 57 goals so far, making their attack the most prolific in the top-flight. But the goals have dried up recently, as they have managed only four goals in their last four outings in the Premier League.
- Tottenham Hotspur had lost only once in 15 Premier League matches against this opposition before losing the last two meetings between the two sides.
- Historically, Spurs have a slight upper hand as they have beaten City on 56 occasions while losing 52 matches. A further 34 games ended in draws.
- The north London club have lost only once in their last nine league games away from home. That defeat was a 2-1 loss to Stoke City.
- Gareth Bale (pictured right) has created more goals than any other player for Tottenham, with seven assists to his name this season. But David Silva is at the top of the Premier League charts with 11 assists.