The hosts are yet to concede a single goal at home in the Premier League and have won all three matches on their own turf, but they face a side who have drawn all their away games
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Silva, Toure, Barry, Nasri
Hutton, Collins, Dunne, Warnock
Bannan, Petrov, Delph, N'Zogbia
Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has hinted that he may not risk Sergio Aguero, as the Argentine recovers from a groin problem. The former Inter boss may choose to bring back his forward against Villarreal, who City take on in a midweek Champions League fixture.
Mario Balotelli appears to have shaken off a back problem, and should be ready to take to the pitch in this clash, but Carlos Tevez remains frozen out after he trained alone following his return to the club from suspension.
Opposition manager Alex McLeish may have Gabriel Agbonlahor available following a back problem, as the forward returned to training recently.
James Collins (foot), Carlos Cuellar (knee), Stephen Ireland (ankle) are all doubtful of making it in time for the match at Etihad Stadium, while Eric Lichaj (hip), Jermaine Jenas (Achilles) and Nathan Delfouneso (hamstring) are sidelined.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both teams are both unbeaten after seven rounds of games in the Premier League.
- Samir Nasri (pictured right) has created the most number of goals in the league, with six assists so far. But his Manchester City team-mate David Silva is chasing him, having created five goals.
- City have won all three of their home games, scoring nine goals against their opponents. They have also not conceded a single goal in the league at Etihad Stadium.
- In contrast, Aston Villa are yet to win their first Premier League game away from home, having drawn all three of their matches on the road this season.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor is currently Villa's top scorer in the league, with four league goals to his name. Sergio Aguero (nine) and Edin Dzeko (six) are still above him in the top scorers' chart.
- If all games ended at half-time, Villa would have been in fourth place now, sitting on a spot that leads to a Champions League qualifier.