The Copa America champions travel to face the Azzurri fresh from a resounding World Cup qualifying win for this exhibition match
Abate, Ranocchia, Chiellini, Criscito
De Rossi, Pirlo, Marchisio
Caceres, Godin, Lugano, A. Pereira
Gonzalez, Perez, Arevalo, Ramirez
The front remains an area of concern with Antonio Cassano recovering from heart surgery while Giuseppe Rossi is sidelined with a serious knee injury and might miss the Euro 2012 finals altogether. Sebastian Giovinco, meanwhile, was sent home earlier in the week after tests showed he had suffered a muscle strain.
The Azzurri face an opposition bang in form, courtesy of Luis Suarez' fantastic four-goal haul against Chile in World Cup qualifying on Friday night. With Oscar Tabarez facing injuries to strikers Diego Forlan and Abel Hernandez, as well as midfielders Alvaro Fernandez and Walter Gargano, the prolific Liverpool forward should lead the line again. In addition, Maximiliano Pereira should return to the squad after being suspended for the Chile match.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Italy are unbeaten in their last six matches, and did not lose in their successful Euro 2012 qualifying campaign.
- Mario Balotelli scored once and set up the other goal for Pazzini during the Azzurri's win in Poland on Friday evening.
- Uruguay, have not lost in their last 12 fixtures, a run which includes their journey to the Copa America title during the summer.
- Due to Brazil entering the 2014 World Cup as hosts, only nine teams are competing in qualification, which is the reason for Uruguay's free week.
- Striker Luis Suarez scored four times against Chile in Friday's World Cup qualifier against Chile on Friday.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.