Both teams fell to surprising defeats last weekend and will look to pick up their first points of the new campaign in a vital encounter at San Siro on Saturday
|Inter (4-3-1-2): Julio Cesar; Jonathan, Ranocchia, Lucio, Nagatomo; Zanetti, Cambiasso, Obi; Sneijder; Milito, Forlan.
Gian Piero Gasperini will be without a plethora of players for the clash against Roma. Emiliano Viviano, Maicon and Ivan Cordoba are all nursing knee injuries while Andrea Poli, Cristian Chivu and Thiago Motta will miss out due to various bumps and bruises.
|Roma (4-3-3): Stekelenburg; Rosi, Burdisso, Heinze, Cassetti; Perrotta, De Rossi, Pjanic; Borriello, Totti, Borini
Brazilian defenders Juan and Cicinho will miss the clash at San Siro through injury while Juan Angel is suspended after receiving his marching orders in the loss to Cagliari last weekend. Summer signing Erik Lamela is recovering from an ankle injury but could make the bench on Saturday.
- Inter have won 13 straight Serie A matches at San Siro.
- The Nerazzurri have not lost their first two league encounters since 1983.
- Gasperini's men have conceded five goals in the last two games in all competitions.
- Inter beat Roma 5-3 at the Giuseppe Meazza last season.
- Roma have lost two out of their last three Serie A openers following the 2-1 setback to Cagliari last weekend.
- The capital city side were awarded the most penalties in the league last season (13).
- Roma kept 14 clean sheets last term.
- The Giallorossi collected 10 points from their last five road games to end the 2010-11 campaign.