|Hungary: Kiraly; Lazar, Liptak, Juhasz, Laczko; Elek, Vadocz; Gera, Hajnal, Dzsudzsak; Rudolf.
| Netherlands: Vorm; Van der Wiel, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Pieters; De Jong, Van der Vaart; Kuyt, Sneijder, Afellay; Van Persie.
- Hungary currently occupy second place in Group E of the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign with nine points from four games.
- Hungary have not qualified for a European Championships since 1972, when they finished fourth at the finals.
- Goalkeeper Gabor Kiraly is the most capped player in the current squad with 79 international appearances.
- The Hungarians are unbeaten since their 2-0 away loss against Sweden on September 3, 2010.
- Star player Balazs Dzsudzsak is the only player in the current squad who plies his trade in the Dutch Eredivisie.
- Netherlands sit first in Group E of the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign with the maximum 12 points from four games.
- Oranje were eliminated in the quarter-finals in the last European Championship finals. Russia proved to be too strong in 2008 as they beat Holland 3-1 after extra time.
- Rafael van der Vaart is the most experienced player in the squad that's selected for Friday's game. The Tottenham ace has been capped 88 times.
- Holland were beaten only once in all of 2010. Spain beat the Dutch 1-0 in the final of the 2010 World Cup to shatter their dreams of winning the World Cup for the first time in their history.
- Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar has scored eight goals in four appearances during the Euro 2012 qualifying campaign, but won't play on Friday due to a knee injury.
- Shot-stopper Jelle Ten Rouwelaar will make his Netherlands debut if he gets features.
June 5, 2010
: Netherlands 6-1 Hungary
The two sides last met in the summer of 2010 when Netherlands were preparing for the World Cup. Most of the Hungarian players had finished their season a while before and Oranje cruised to a comfortable 6-1 win to get a real confidence boost ahead of the 2010 World Cup. The match will be remembered by many for the hamstring injury Dutch winger Arjen Robben picked up during the game.
Our provides the best breaking news online and our football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!