The Black Cats have had poor luck at Craven Cottage in the Premier League era, but will hope to reverse their fortunes and seal a much-needed victory on Saturday
Kelly, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise
Dejagah, Ruiz, Kacaniklic
O'Shea, Bramble, Cuellar, Rose
Johnson, Sessegnon, McClean
Fulham will be without winger Kieran Richardson (hamstring), while Mahamadou Diarra (knee) is still a doubt. Midfielder Simon Davies (hip) is still to return to full fitness following an operation.
Chris Baird is suspended for the clash at Craven Cottage after picking up his fifth caution of the season last time out.
Sunderland could be without three of their key players for the trip to west London, top scorer Steven Fletcher (ankle) and Phil Bardsley (hamstring) pulled out of Scotland's friendly with Luxembourg and could also miss out on the visit to Craven Cottage.
Captain Lee Cattermole (knee) may still recover in time to face Martin Jol's side after scans revealed that he had not sustained any ligament damage.
Craig Gardner is banned for the game, which could prompt a defensive re-shuffle with a lack of right-backs available to Martin O'Neill.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sunderland have not beaten Fulham in the Premier League since 2009, when a second-half strike from Kenwyne Jones gave the Black Cats a 1-0 win.
- Martin Jol's side have lost just two of their last 10 league games at Craven Cottage.
- Cottagers' striker Dimitar Berbatov (pictured right) has scored just twice against Sunderland in his Premier League career.
- The Black Cats have won just one of their last 18 Premier League matches
- Sunderland striker Louis Saha scored 63 league goals in his three-and-a-half seasons with Fulham.
- Fulham have won seven of the 16 Premier League meetings between the two sides. Sunderland have been victorious on just three occasions.
- Fulham midfielder Kieran Richardson made over 130 appearances for Sunderland, scoring 14 goals, one of which sealed a 2-1 victory over Newcastle in the Tyne-Wear derby in 2008.
- Richardson's team-mate Aaron Hughes has also tasted success in North-East derbies, the Northern Irishman overcame the Black Cats on three occasions during his eight-year spell with Newcastle.