Pulis' men will be looking to stop a rot of three straight league defeats, while The Cottagers will be out to record their first win since the departure of talisman, Bobby Zamora
Kelly, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Duf
Wilkinson, Shawcross, Woodgate, Wilson
Pennant, Whelan, Delap, Etherington
Martin Jol has no fresh injury concerns following his side’s 3-0 defeat at a snow drenched Eastlands last weekend. They are, however, still without Steve Sidwell, meaning Dickson Etuhu looks set to retain his place in the centre of midfield.
John Arne Riise could well profit from a poor performance from Chris Baird against Mancini’s men, while Russian international Pavel Pogrebneyak is still awaiting a work permit.
For the visitors, Robert Huth will serve the first of a three-match ban for a challenge on David Meyler in the defeat to Sunderland last week. Meanwhile, Cameron Jerome looks set to miss out after hobbling off in the first half of the visit of Martin O’Neill’s men.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke have recorded as many away wins in the league this season as they have home wins, with four apiece.
- The last time these two sides met, Fulham were undone by a late show from the Potters, with Jonathan Walters and Rory Delap scoring in the last ten minutes to earn a 2-0 win.
- The last four meetings between these two sides have all ended with a 2-0 scoreline.
- American Clint Dempsey (pictured right) has been in fine goal scoring form this season, scoring two hat-tricks already, and he has scored three goals in his last five games against the Potters.
- These sides have met seven times in the Premier League and currently have three wins a piece to their name, with just the one draw.
- Stoke have utilised their tall squad very well this season and currently have the highest percentage of goals scored from set pieces in the Premier League (57%)
- Tony Pulis’ men have failed to score in 13 of their last 21 Premier League away games.
- Stoke have recorded just one win in their last eight Premier League games, however, they did embark on a four-match winning streak prior to that run.
- Fulham have treated their home fans to 22 goals at Craven Cottage this season, more than any other side outside the top six.
- Stoke discovered on Tuesday that they had lost their appeal against centre-back Robert Huth’s red card against Sunderland. The German will subsequently miss the trip to Craven Cottage, the Europa League game against Valencia and the FA Cup clash with Crawley.