The former Manchester City boss will lead the Three Lions against the Oranje following his appointment on a temporary basis after the resignation of Fabio Capello
Richards, Jones, Cahill, Cole
Gerrard, Parker, Milner
Sturridge, Welbeck, Young
Boulahrouz, Heitinga, Mathijsen, Pieters
Van Bommel, Strootman
Kuyt, Sneijder, Van Persie
For England, Micah Richards is in line to start at right-back after Kyle Walker and Glen Johnson withdrew from the squad due to injury.
James Milner is in contention to start in midfield as Gareth Barry is struggling with a back problem, whilst Tom Cleverley also had to withdraw due to an ankle problem.
Darren Bent suffered ankle ligament damage on Saturday and Wayne Rooney withdrew from the squad due to a throat infection, making way for a new look attack
Fraizer Campbell of Sunderland received his first England call-up after returning from long-term injury but is likely to start on the bench.
The Oranje are missing regular right back Gregory van der Wiel through injury meaning the experienced Khalid Boulahrouz is likely to start.
Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart withdrew from the squad after an ankle injury at the weekend.
In attack, Arjen Robben may feature but has been struggling to return to full fitness after groin surgery in October.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stuart Pearce’s first game as caretaker manager takes place in a friendly that was rescheduled following last summer's London riots. The match was originally to be played in August.
- Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley received his first call-up England ahead of the cancelled game, and will have to wait again to make his debut after withdrawing from the squad with an ankle problem.
- Robin van Persie’s (pictured right) last goal for the Netherlands, his 25th, moved him to 10th place in the list of top scorers for the Oranje, one ahead of Marco Van Basten. Klaas-Jan Huntelaar stands at 7th on the list with 30.
- England qualified undefeated for Euro 2012, where they will face Ukraine, France, and Sweden in the group stage. They won their group after a tense 2-2 draw with Montenegro sealed their progress and have since won friendly matches 1-0 against Spain and Sweden.
- England’s overall record against the Netherlands reads won five, drawn nine, and lost four. However, their last four fixtures going back to 2002 were all draws.
- The last game in August 2009 finished 2-2 in Holland after Jermain Defoe appeared as a second-half substitute to pull England back from two goals down.
- Netherlands lie in third place in the Fifa World Rankings, two places above England in 5th, having reached the World Cup 2010 final in South Africa under coach Bert Van Marwijk, where they lost 1-0 after extra time to Spain.
- The Oranje qualified comfortably for Euro 2012 where they will face Germany, Portugal and Denmark in the group stage. They won nine of their 10 games in qualifying, losing only their final match against Sweden. However, their form has since deserted them with a 0-0 draw against Switzerland and a 3-0 defeat to Germany their last results in friendlies.