Andre Villas-Boas' squad bolstered by new signings as they attempt to banish memory of lacklustre display to West Brom by extending impressive run against their visitors at home
Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole
Ramires, Mikel, Lampard
Anelka, Torres, Malouda
R. Martin, Whitbread, De Laet, Tierney
Pilkington, Crofts, Johnson, Surman
New signing Juan Mata could be drafted in with Fernando Torres perhaps preferred to Didier Drogba if this is the case. Florent Malouda is likely to be restored after his productive cameo against West Brom, with the ineffectual Salomon Kalou the most likely casualty. At the back, Alex's slip-up proved costly against the Baggies, so David Luiz may be drafted in straight away after recovering from his injury, with the robust Branislav Ivanovic set to recapture his slot at right-back.
It's likely that the majority of the players who featured in the 4-0 tonking by MK Dons will be relegated to the bench for this one, though the likes of Russell Martin and Andrew Surman will be hoping to survive a cull. Paul Lambert will want the physical threat of both Grant Holt and Steve Morison up front in order to pose some problems to John Terry, with the combative Andrew Crofts also in to help rattle some cages.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Norwich have failed to register in five of the last seven games against Chelsea.
- Of all the teams in the Premier League, Norwich have utilised their squad the most, playing a total of 19 players in their two games so far.
- In their last eight home games Chelsea have picked up 22 points, dropping just two.
- Norwich’s away record isn’t too bad either though, having lost only one of their previous nine away games in league competition.
- Grant Holt has proved himself a handful so far in his maiden Premier League campaign, being the most fouled player in the division, winning 11 free kicks.
- Chelsea’s goal-scoring record in the month of August is the most impressive of all the Premier League clubs, with the Blues netting 1.9 goals on average per game.
- The last two times Norwich have visited Stamford Bridge, they’ve run out 4-0 losers.