The Trotters have not collected all three points at the Reebok since April and face a side still hurting from their loss to Newcastle on Monday, making for a very tough game
Steinsson, Cahill, Wheater, Robinson
Eagles, Reo-Coker, Pratley, Petrov
K Davies, Klasnic
Wilkinson, Shawcross, Woodgate, Wilson
Whelan, Delap, Whitehead, Etherington
Just the one fresh injury worry for the hosts, as Manchester City loanee Dedryk Boyata is out with an ankle problem, adding to the already sizeable list of sidelined players. The Trotters will also be missing fellow defender Ricardo Gardner thanks to his sending off at Swansea last week.
With that duo out, Owen Coyle will be given a headache over who to play at right-back, with Gretar Steinsson likely to stand in during their absence.
Stoke meanwhile have minimum selection issues, with just the two players unable to play in Mamady Sidibe and Ricardo Fuller. Defender Jonathan Woodgate should start after being rested for the Potters’ 2-1 Europa League victory on Thursday over Maccabi Tel-Aviv.
- Bolton were founded in 1874 as Christ Church FC, whilst their opponents on Sunday Stoke City, originated in 1863 as Stoke Ramblers FC.
- Owen Coyle’s outfit have the most number of seasons in the top-flight without winning the title, the last campaign being their 72nd non-consecutive year.
- The highest they have ever finished is third, which they have done three times (1891-92, 1920-21 and 1924-25).
- Potters manager Tony Pulis (pictured right) was the first to ever take Stoke to an FA Cup final when they took on Manchester City at the end of last season.
- Tuncay Sanli is currently Stokes’ record sale, with the Turkish attacker now residing at Bolton on loan from the side the Potters sold him to for £4.5 million, Wolfsburg.
- In just over three seasons of playing in the Premier League, no Stoke player has ever scored a hat-trick.