Gunners have won only three of their last 13 away matches in the league, with all of those coming against teams relegated from the division last term, while Rovers' form is poor
Salgado, Dann, Samba, Givet
Rochina, Formica, Hoilett
Sagna, Mertersacker, Koscielny, Gibbs
Walcott, Benayoun, Gervinho
David Dunn sustained a calf injury in the draw with Fulham and remains a doubt for the game at Ewood Park. Vince Grella was reported to be closing in on a return to the first team, but he too may miss out as he may need to regain match fitness after spending a significant period on the sidelines.
Ryan Nelsen's fitness will be assessed late on to decide whether or not he can make it in time to face the Gunners, while Morten Gamst Pedersen and Chris Samba also remain doubtful for this encounter.
Arsene Wenger misses the services of Abou Diaby (knee), Sebastien Squillaci (calf), Thomas Vermaelen and Jack Wilshere (both ankle), while Aaron Ramsey is a doubt after a knee problem kept him out of the Champions League clash against Borussia Dortmund.
Tomas Rosicky suffered a knock while on international duty and missed the draw in Germany and may also miss out on this trip north.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the worst start to a Premier League season for both Blackburn Rovers and Arsenal. The home side are currently at the bottom of the standings, whereas their opponents are in 12th place after four games.
- Rovers have picked up only one point so far, having lost both their home games in the league this season.
- Steve Kean's men have conceded seven goal in their four matches. Only Arsenal, Tottenham and Bolton Wanderers have shipped more.
- The home side have a poor record against the Gunners, as they have lost 21 games and won only 17 out of the 53 league games that have taken place on their own turf.
- Arsenal have lost only one out of the last 10 meetings between the two sides, winning seven matches in the process.
- The Gunners have scored 212 goals against Blackburn through the course of their history, with the opposition having responded with 145 to their name.
- Should the north London outfit fall to a defeat in this game, it would be their 100th loss in the Premier League.
- No Gunner has scored more than one goal after four games this season, and no player has more than a single assist to his name yet.
- Wenger's men have the dubious distinction of leading the way when it comes to red cards, with them having been issued three of the seven Premier League red cards dished out so far. Emmanuel Frimpong, Gervinho, Carl Jenkinson and have been all received their marching orders.