Old foes face off as Jupp Heynckes' charges welcome Jose Mourinho's free-scoring side to the Allianz Arena for a heavyweight tussle in the last four of the Champions League
Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba
Robben, Muller, Ribery
Arbeloa, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo
Di Maria, Kaka, Ronaldo
Bayern Munich will recall Philipp Lahm, Franck Ribery and Mario Gomez to the starting line-up for Tuesday's Champions League semi-final first leg against Real Madrid, after the trio were rested on the bench for the weekend draw with Mainz.
Bastian Schweinsteiger is available after serving a one-match ban but may be left out in favour of Luiz Gustavo, who was an unused substitute on Saturday. Defenders Daniel Van Buyten (foot) and Breno (knee) are both out.
Madrid boss Jose Mourinho will likely reinstate Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria and Kaka to the starting XI after the trio were benched for Saturday's win over Sporting Gijon.
Xabi Alonso returns from domestic suspension, but Ricardo Carvalho (thigh) and Lassana Diarra (hamstring) are both sidelined.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have posted six straight home victories in the Champions League and have won 12 of their last 13 European outings at the Allianz Arena.
- The Bavarian outfit have never lost to Real Madrid at home (W8, D1). Their overall record against Madrid is W10, D2, L6.
- The clubs have met each other in four previous European Cup semi-finals, with Bayern prevailing three times (1976, 1987, 2001) to Madrid's one (2000).
- Jupp Heynckes, who won the Champions League in his solitary season at the Madrid helm in 1997-98, has never beaten Spanish opposition over two legs as a coach.
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in this season's Champions League and, with just six goals conceded, have the best defensive record of the teams still involved in the tournament.
- The Castilian giants have recorded just one victory on German soil in 22 attempts (W1, D6, L15) - a 3-2 success over Bayer Leverkusen in 2000-01.
- Madrid are making a record 23rd semi-final appearance in Europe's elite club competition and they are seeking to reach their 13th final.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (pictured right) has struck 14 Liga hat-tricks for Madrid, two more than Ferenc Puskas' tally for the club, but still well behind Alfredo Di Stefano's record (22).