The Bavarians will look to extend their lead at the top of Group A when they lock horns with the Italian outfit at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday evening
Boateng, Van Buyten, Badstuber, Lahm
Muller, Kroos, Ribery
Campagnaro, Fideleff, Aronica
Maggio, Inler, Dzemaili, Zuniga
Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger will likely feature against the Italians despite limping off in the second half of the 4-0 win over Nurnberg on Saturday with a calf injury. Defender Daniel Van Buyten has shaken off a foot problem and should be given the green light as well, while Arjen Robben is still sidelined after undergoing a hernia operation.
Walter Mazzarri will be without the services of Walter Gargano who is out with a thigh injury while Napoli captain Paolo Cannavaro is suspended. Goran Pandev, whose late heroics at the Allianz Arena sent Bayern packing from the competition last season, is nursing a muscle strain and will not feature.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have a formidable home record recently in the Champions League, winning nine out of their last 10 games at the Allianz Arena.
- The Bavarians have committed the most fouls in the 2011-12 Champions League campaign after three matches (59).
- Seven players from Jupp Heynckes' side were in the starting line-up for Germany's 3-1 victory over Turkey in their Euro 2012 qualifier on October 7.
- Napoli have kept five clean sheets in their last eight games in all competitions.
- Walter Mazzarri's men have scored in each of their first three group games in this season's competition.
- The southern Italian outfit are winless in their last six games on German soil (W0 D3 L3).
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.