The Catalan giants welcome Jose Luis Mendilibar's outfit to Camp Nou on Wednesday evening as both clubs kick off the new calendar year with their domestic cup clash
Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Maxwell
Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta
Fabregas, Messi, Alexis
Bertran, Flano, Sergio, Raitala
Cejudo, Punal, Nekounam
Lamah, Ibrahima, Masoud
Barcelona start 2012 with a home match in the Copa del Rey against Osasuna and Pep Guardiola may be set to field a strong line-up to get the year off to a good start.
The first training session of the year for the Catalan club took place on Tuesday and a number of players look to have shook off niggling injuries over the festive period.
Andres Iniesta is fit again for Barcelona after recovering from an injury he suffered against Hospitalet in the previous Copa del Rey match. Carles Puyol missed training on January 1 with an abductor injury but should return to training within a few days. Eric Abidal worked out in the gym as he attempts to shake off a flu bug.
Lionel Messi and Dani Alves returned to training on Tuesday after spending Christmas in South America.
However, Guardiola's men are still without David Villa and Ibrahim Afellay, who are absent with long-term injuries.
Jose Luis Mendilibar is sweating over the fitness of a few key Osasuna players going into the match. Brazilian defender Roversio withdrew from training on Tuesday after suffering some discomfort in his right calf muscle. Ion Echaide, Kike Sola, Raul Garcia and Ruben all trained individually and did not complete the full session.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time Barcelona played Osasuna, Pep Guardiola's side won the match 8-0 and Lionel Messi grabbed a hat-trick to help the Catalan Club to an astonishing victory.
- Barcelona's first match of 2011 last year saw them defeat Levante 2-1 at Camp Nou, with Pedro bagging a brace to see his side to victory.
- This will be Barcelona's fourth cup match in a row. In their previous match, they defeated Hospitalet 9-0 at Camp Nou in the Copa del Rey. The other two matches saw Barca defeat Al-Sadd and Santos on their way to claiming the Club World Cup title.
- Osasuna defeated Almeria over two legs in the round of 32 of the Copa del Rey to make it to this point. A 3-1 away victory and a 1-1 draw at Reyno de Navarra sealed progression.
- Osasuna's first match of 2011 last year saw them lose 1-0 against Sevilla with Freddy Kanoute grabbing the only goal of the match.