Hosts set to celebrate title win at Camp Nou against opponents with a good record against the Catalans as they aim to avoid the drop
|Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes; Alves, Pique, Fontas, Abidal; Thiago, Mascherano, Keita; Pedro, Villa, Afellay
Coach Pep Guardiola looks set to rest his key figures and he has also hinted that he will give his players who have yet to regain full fitness after recent injuries a run-out in the last two league games of the season. However, Adriano and Gaby Milito are still recovering from their respective muscle injuries, while Carles Puyol has yet to rejoin team training. Maxwell is out for the rest of the season.
|Deportivo (4-2-3-1): Aranzubia; Laure, Colotto, Lopo, Manuel Pablo; Aythami, Ruben Perez; Adrian, Valeron, Guardado; Riki
Midfielder Juan Rodriguez is doubtful after picking up a knock in midweek. If he fails to recover Aythami will start alongside Ruber Perez as the double pivot. Coach Miguel Angel Lotina is also waiting on the fitness of Andres Guardado, Adrian Lopez and Manuel Pablo. Ze Castro and Antonio Tomas are certain absentees.
- Barcelona clinched their 21st La Liga title in midweek, their third in a row. Guardiola has a 100 per cent record in league titles since taking over as first team coach.
- The last team to take any points from Camp Nou was Mallorca on October 3. Since then, Barca have won their last 15 home league games in a row.
- Lionel Messi has scored 31 La Liga goals so far this season, the same exact amount as Deportivo going into Matchday 37.
- The Catalan giants have won seven out of their last 10 meetings with their opponents this Sunday.
- Deportivo enter the round in 16th place in the table, just three points clear of the relegation zone.
- The Galicians were last in the Segunda Division in 1990/91. They have not been relegated since winning promotion that season.
- Depor have won more times at Camp Nou (three) than any other team in La Liga since the turn of the century.
- However, Lotina's side have won just one away game in the league in the whole of 2011.
Our provides the best breaking news online and our football fan community is unmatched worldwide. Never miss a thing again!