Having suffered heavy defeats in both their last two games, Paul Lambert will be hoping his team bounce back in style against a side that has won just twice on the road all season
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Aston Villa's 2-0 victory over Wigan Athletic at Villa Park last season was their first ever Premier League home win over the Latics.
- The 12 goals Paul Lambert's side have leaked in their last two league matches is just one less than they had conceded in their previous 12 games prior to last week's 8-0 drubbing at the hands of Chelsea.
- Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored five goals in his last 10 games against the Latics.
- Villa are the least prolific side in the Premier League, netting only 15 goals this season.
- Wigan Athletic have not beaten Aston Villa since August 2009, where goals from Hugo Rodallega and Jason Koumas saw the Latics return home from Villa Park 2-0 victors.
- In their first season in the Premier League, Wigan secured a league double over Aston Villa back in 2005-06. Neither side has achieved the feat since.
- Along with fourth-placed Tottenham, Roberto Martinez's side are the only team not to have drawn a league game away from home this season. From their travels so far this year the Latics have won twice and lost seven.
- Current Villa player Charles N'Zogbia (pictured) was the last Wigan player to score in this fixture.
- Roberto Martinez turned down the chance to become Aston Villa manager in the summer of 2011.
- Referee Kevin Friend took charge of this fixture at the DW season in February last season. The match finished 0-0, with Friend handing out five yellow cards, all to Aston Villa players.