The Royals are seven points adrift of safety as the former Southampton boss takes charge of his first game after being appointed on Tuesday
Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla , Podolski
Kelly, Mariappa, Pearce, Shorey
Karacan, Leigertwood, McAnuff, McCleary Robson-Kanu
Arsenal were dealt a fresh injury blow on Thursday after midfielder Abou Diaby was ruled out for around nine months with a knee ligament problem.
Theo Walcott is out with a groin injury, while Jack Wilshere is still sidelined with an ankle problem. Kieran Gibbs is also doubtful due to illness.
Reading goalkeeper Adam Federici has been injured since the beginning of the month but may make the bench for this game as he regains full fitness following an ankle injury,
Reading boss Nigel Adkins, who is taking charge of his first game this Saturday, is likely to be without Danny Guthrie due to a knee issue and Jimmy Kebe, who has a groin problem.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have won just 36% of their Premier League games without Jack Wilshere (pictured) in the side, compared to 56% with him.
- The Gunners have not yet lost a game in the Premier League that they have taken the lead in.
- Arsenal have conceded just two goals after the 75th minute in Premier League games this season, the lowest in the league.
- The Gunners have won all 11 of their previous meetings with Reading.
- Reading have lost nine of their last 10 away matches in the Premier League.
- Reading have lost their last five games, just two away from the worst run in the Premier League this season by any team, which the Royals also set.
- Reading have conceded more Premier League goals against Arsenal than any other opponent in the top-flight.