Borussia Dortmund-Shakhtar Donetsk Preview: Last chance for hosts to win silverware
The German champions claimed a 2-2 draw in Ukraine when these sides met three weeks ago, and will need to progress to keep their season alive
By Enis Koylu
Piszczek, Subotic, Santana, Schmelzer
Blaszczykowski, Gotze, Reus
Srna, Chygrynskiy, Rakitskiy, Rat
Teixeira, Mkhitaryan, Taison
Borussia Dortmund will be sweating over the fitness of Mats Hummels, who was forced to sit out of their last two games, with Jurgen Klopp admitting his participation will be in doubt.
However, there are no fresh injury worries, and the likes of Mario Gotze and Lukasz Piszczek, who were rested over the weekend, will come back into the starting line-up.
Shakhtar Donetsk, meanwhile, can be expected to name more or less the same side that faced Dortmund at the Donbass Arena three weeks ago.
One potential change could see Olexander Kucher slot back into the defence after scoring during their first game after the winter break, a 4-1 win over Volyn Lutsk.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Dortmund have come out victorious in just two of their last six games in all competitions.
- Jurgen Klopp's side have won all of their Champions League home games this season, and remain one of three teams unbeaten in the competition.
- The first leg of this tie was the first time that BVB had failed to beat Shakhtar in three meetings between the two sides.
- Shakhtar Donetsk won their first-ever European trophy by beating German opposition - Werder Bremen - in the 2009 Uefa Cup final.
- The last time the Miners played in Germany, they grabbed a 1-0 win over Schalke, Dortmund's bitter Ruhr rivals.
- The Ukrainian champions have scored 22 goals in their last 11 away games in the Champions League.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Borussia Dortmund 2-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
- 19.85 %
Borussia Dortmund 3-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
- 18.29 %
Borussia Dortmund 2-0 Shakhtar Donetsk
- 16.15 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||5 Mar 2013||Borussia Dortmund 3 - Shakhtar Donetsk 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||13 Feb 2013||Shakhtar Donetsk 2 - Borussia Dortmund 2|
|19 Apr 2014||Borussia Dortmund 4 - 1. FSV Mainz 05 2||BUN|
|15 Apr 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - VfL Wolfsburg 0||GERC|
|12 Apr 2014||FC Bayern München 0 - Borussia Dortmund 3||BUN|
|8 Apr 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - Real Madrid 0||UCL|
|5 Apr 2014||Borussia Dortmund 2 - VfL Wolfsburg 1||BUN|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed