The Old Trafford manager will want an immediate reaction from his players after they slipped to a shock 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham, but will have to be wary of the Romanians
Pinto, Cadu, Rada, Sepsi
Sougou, Bastos, Camora
Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Buttner
Cleverley, Fletcher, Anderson
Nani, Rooney, Welbeck
Manchester United have left several key players at home for the trip to Transylvania with Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Antonio Valencia and Michael Carrick all absent.
Nemanja Vidic (knee), Phil Jones (knee) and Chris Smalling (metatarsal) all remain out, so the pressure will be on United's defence once again to hold firm and free of injury. Jonny Evans is a doubt, but should be passed fit to play, and youngsters Scott Wootton and Michael Keane are also in the squad.
Darren Fletcher (stomach) could be handed a role after starting against Newcastle in the League Cup last week.
Vasile Maftei is available for the hosts after having served a one-game suspension on matchday one.
Ciprian Deac (cruciate), Adam Vass (metatarsal), Bakary Sare (leg) and Ronny (knee) will all definitely miss out for the Romanians.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- This is the first time CFR Cluj and Manchester United have ever played each other in European Competition.
- CFR coach Ioan Andone has taken on United in the past, his FC Dinamo Bucuresti side beaten by Sir Alex Ferguson's team in 2004-05 Champions League qualifying.
- The Romanian champions started this campaign well, winning 2-0 at SC Braga on matchday one when United edged out Galatasaray 1-0.
- CFR have only kept two clean sheets in the last 12 home games.
- Manchester United's only away success in last term's Champions League came in Romania as well, 2-0 at Otelul Galati through two Wayne Rooney penalties (pictured).
- United are one win away from 100 victories in the Champions League from the group stages to the final.
- Three goals against United would take CFR to an all-time 50 in Uefa competitions.
- United committed 21 fouls on matchday one, more than any other side.