Bayern Munich - Kaiserslautern Preview: Bavarians look to bounce back
Jupp Heynckes' side suffered their first domestic loss of the season against Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday, but can put that disappointment behind them on Wednesday
By Enis Koylu
Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Alaba
Robben, Muller, Shaqiri
Dick, Torrejon, Heintz, Jessen
Zellner, Baumjohann, Fortounis
Bayern Munich are expected to shuffle their pack ahead of the clash with Kaiserslautern, which occurs just three days after their 2-1 loss to Bayer Leverkusen.
David Alaba made his first start of the season against B04, and will be looking to build up his fitness for the visit of the 2. Bundesliga outift.
Elsewhere, Arjen Robben came off the bench at the weekend, and should make his first start after a lengthy injury absence. Javi Martinez has been passed fit after missing out on Sunday, and could start in midfield alongside Emre Can, while Xherdan Shaqiri should deputise for Franck Ribery on the left wing.
Finally, Claudio Pizarro could get a rare start up front, giving Mario Mandzukic a much-needed rest. Mario Gomez is back in training, but is unlikely to feature.
Kaiserslautern, meanwhile, are expected to make one change from the team that drew 3-3 with Koln at the Rhein Energie Stadion on Friday, with Marc Torrejon coming into the defence in place of Matthias Abel.
The attack will be spearheaded by former Schalke man Alexander Baumjohann, Kostas Fortounis and in-form striker Mohammadou Idrissou.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bayern Munich have won a record 15 DFB-Pokals in their history, but lost the final 5-2 to Borussia Dortmund last season.
- The Bavarians cruised to a domestic double over Wednesday's opponents last season in the Bundesliga, recording a 2-0 home win and a 3-0 away triumph.
- All four of the domestic goals that Bayern have conceded this term have come at home.
- Kaiserslautern have finished runners-up in this competition four times. They last won the tournament in 1996.
- Franco Foda's men claimed a 3-1 win over Hansa Rostock at the DKB Arena in the first round back in August.
- Kaiserslautern once overcame a 4-1 deficit to beat Bayern 7-4 in the Bundesliga, back in October 1973.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
FC Bayern München 4-0 Kaiserslautern
- 16.97 %
FC Bayern München 3-0 Kaiserslautern
- 14.55 %
FC Bayern München 5-0 Kaiserslautern
- 12.42 %
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||16 Apr 2014||FC Bayern München 5 - Kaiserslautern 1|
|Germany - DFB-Pokal (GERC)||31 Oct 2012||FC Bayern München 4 - Kaiserslautern 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||11 Feb 2012||FC Bayern München 2 - Kaiserslautern 0|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||27 Aug 2011||Kaiserslautern 0 - FC Bayern München 3|
|1. Bundesliga (BUN)||22 Jan 2011||FC Bayern München 5 - Kaiserslautern 1|
|FC Bayern München|
|16 Apr 2014||FC Bayern München 5 - Kaiserslautern 1||GERC|
|12 Apr 2014||FC Bayern München 0 - Borussia Dortmund 3||BUN|
|9 Apr 2014||FC Bayern München 3 - Manchester United 1||UCL|
|5 Apr 2014||FC Augsburg 1 - FC Bayern München 0||BUN|
|1 Apr 2014||Manchester United 1 - FC Bayern München 1||UCL|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed