Barcelona - Osasuna Preview: Blaugrana look to bounce back from Sociedad defeat
The Catalan giants suffered their first Liga reverse of the season in San Sebastian last time out and will be keen to return to winning ways against Jose Luis Mendilibar's side
By Karthick Arvinth
Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Adriano
Thiago, Busquets, Fabregas
Pedro, Messi, Sanchez
Bertran, Ruben, Arribas, Nano
Cejudo, Nino, Armenteros
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi pulled out of training on Friday with a muscle strain but is nevertheless expected to feature in the Primera Division encounter against Osasuna.
Defender Gerard Pique is suspended, while assistant coach Jordi Roura could opt to rotate his squad for the Camp Nou clash with one eye on Wednesday's Copa del Rey semi-final first leg against Real Madrid.
Osasuna boss Jose Luis Mendilibar may hand a debut to midfielder Francisco Silva, who was signed from Chilean side Universidad Catolica earlier in the week.
Asier Riesgo, David Timor and Sisi are all unavailable through injury, while left-back Damia serves a one-match ban.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona have won their last five home Liga matches with an aggregate score of 19-4.
- The Catalans hit their 100th goal of the season in the 4-2 win at Malaga in midweek, with Lionel Messi accounting for 40 of those strikes.
- Barcelona have never lost a match in which Andres Iniesta (pictured right) has scored (W40, D4).
- Osasuna have won just one of their last eight matches in all competitions (W1, D2, L5).
- Los Rojillos have lost on their last four visits to Camp Nou at an aggregate score of 0-16.
- Osasuna's last win away at Barcelona was a 1-0 success in May 2009.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Barcelona 4-0 Osasuna
- 13.57 %
Barcelona 5-0 Osasuna
- 10.34 %
Barcelona 4-1 Osasuna
- 10.22 %
|La Liga (LIGA)||19 Oct 2013||Osasuna 0 - Barcelona 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||27 Jan 2013||Barcelona 5 - Osasuna 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||26 Aug 2012||Osasuna 1 - Barcelona 2|
|La Liga (LIGA)||11 Feb 2012||Osasuna 3 - Barcelona 2|
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||12 Jan 2012||Osasuna 1 - Barcelona 2|
|6 Dec 2013||F.C. Cartagena 1 - Barcelona 4||ESPC|
|1 Dec 2013||Athletic de Bilbao 1 - Barcelona 0||LIGA|
|26 Nov 2013||Ajax 2 - Barcelona 1||UCL|
|23 Nov 2013||Barcelona 4 - Granada 0||LIGA|
|10 Nov 2013||Betis 1 - Barcelona 4||LIGA|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|8||Andrés Iniesta Luján||Midfielder|
|5||Manuel Ortiz Toribio||Midfielder|
|8||De las Cuevas||Midfielder|
|23||Raoul Cédric Loe||Midfielder|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed