Valencia-Real Madrid Preview: Los Che out to avenge cup defeat
Ernesto Valverde's side will have revenge on their minds after they were aggrieved by the manner of their loss to the Castilian giants in the Copa del Rey quarter-final first leg
By Karthick Arvinth
Barragan, Rami, R Costa, Guardado
Gago, T Costa
Piatti, Banega, Jonas
Arbeloa, Albiol, Varane, Coentrao
Ozil, Modric, Ronaldo
Valencia duo Daniel Parejo and Joao Pereira will sit out Sunday's Primera Division clash against Real Madrid through suspension.
Sergio Canales (knee) and Jeremy Mathieu (ankle) are also unavailable, while captain David Albelda and defender Victor Ruiz are doubts.
Los Che boss Ernesto Valverde will serve a touchline ban after he was sent off in the 2-0 Copa del Rey defeat at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo is back from suspension for Madrid, along with goalkeeper Antonio Adan, who could replace Iker Casillas between the sticks.
Kaka and Sergio Ramos serve bans, while defender Pepe is sidelined through injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Valencia have won seven of their last nine matches in all competitions.
- Los Che have failed to beat Real Madrid in their last eight head-to-head meetings, losing six.
- Fernando Gago (pictured, right) made 119 Liga appearances for Madrid between 2007 and 2011, scoring one goal.
- Real Madrid have won just one of their last six away matches across all competitions (W1, D2, L3).
- The Castilian giants are on a three-match winning streak at the Mestalla.
- Gonzalo Higuain has scored five times at Mestalla, making him the second-highest scoring Madrid player away at Valencia after Alfredo Di Stefano (six).
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Valencia 1-3 Real Madrid
- 15.91 %
Valencia 1-2 Real Madrid
- 9.4 %
Valencia 0-2 Real Madrid
- 8.61 %
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||23 Jan 2013||Valencia 1 - Real Madrid 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||20 Jan 2013||Valencia 0 - Real Madrid 5|
|Copa del Rey (ESPC)||15 Jan 2013||Real Madrid 2 - Valencia 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||19 Aug 2012||Real Madrid 1 - Valencia 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||8 Apr 2012||Real Madrid 0 - Valencia 0|
|8 Dec 2013||Gimnástic 0 - Valencia 0||ESPC|
|1 Dec 2013||Valencia 3 - Osasuna 0||LIGA|
|28 Nov 2013||Swansea City 0 - Valencia 1||EL|
|24 Nov 2013||Elche 2 - Valencia 1||LIGA|
|10 Nov 2013||Valencia 2 - Valladolid 2||LIGA|
|18||Jose Andrés Guardado||Midfielder|
|22||Ángel Di María||Midfielder|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed