Dynamo Dresden - Manchester City Preview: Premier League giants look to get back to winning ways after defeat to Al Hilal
The Premier League champions face the German second-tier side in the second game of their pre-season tour of Austria, having been beaten by the Saudi Arabia outfit on Friday
By Joe Wright
Jungnickel, Jungwirth, Bregerie, Schuppan
Heller, Solga, Fiel, Trojan
Zabaleta, Kompany, Savic, Kolarov
Weiss, Razak, Yaya Toure, Johnson
Manchester City have no new injury problems ahead of the clash in Innsbruck, and will likely feature a similar mix of first-team stars and young talent to that which took to the field against Al-Hilal.
Stefan Savic, Vladimir Weiss and Abdul Razak are among those who will be hoping to force their way into Roberto Mancini's plans ahead of the new campaign after playing a full 45 minutes against the Saudi side on Friday.
Ralf Loose's side will be looking to record a victory following back-to-back successes over German non-league sides Zwickau and Meuselwitz in their first two pre-season matches.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Dynamo Dresden were won of the most successful sides of the old East German football league, winning eight league titles.
- Goalkeeper Benjamin Kirsten is the son of former Germany striker Ulf Kirsten, who played for the club in the 1980s.
- Dresden consolidated their place in the 2. Bundesliga last season after gaining promotion in May 2011, finishing 9th in the table.
- Former European Footballer of the Year Matthias Sammer (pictured), now Bayern Munich sporting director, began his professional career with Dynamo in 1985.
- Manchester City enjoyed a 100% record to their pre-season tour of 2011, but suffered defeat in their opening match of their current warm-up campaign.
- City faced German opposition in the form of Bayern Munich in last season’s Champions League group stage. Both sides recorded 2-0 home wins.
- City were crowned champions of England in May for the first time in 44 years, pipping bitter rivals Manchester United to the title on goal difference.
- The squad is currently based in the Austrian town of Seefeld, the same location that the Netherlands used prior to their 2010 World Cup campaign.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Dynamo Dresden 8-0 Manchester City
- 35.55 %
Dynamo Dresden 0-8 Manchester City
- 8.52 %
Dynamo Dresden 1-3 Manchester City
- 5.55 %
|Club Friendlies (FR)||17 Jul 2012||Dynamo Dresden 0 - Manchester City 0|
|19 May 2013||Dynamo Dresden 3 - SSV Jahn Regensburg 1||2.BL|
|12 May 2013||VfR Aalen 3 - Dynamo Dresden 0||2.BL|
|3 May 2013||Dynamo Dresden 2 - SC Paderborn 07 1||2.BL|
|27 Apr 2013||FSV Frankfurt 3 - Dynamo Dresden 1||2.BL|
|21 Apr 2013||Dynamo Dresden 1 - FC Energie Cottbus 0||2.BL|
|Returns:||Dynamo Dresden £90.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £55.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Manchester City £50.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|4||Cheikh Matar Gueye||Defender|
While the Germans will likely go out all guns blazing, expect Roberto Mancini's side to have too much firepower for their opponents on Tuesday.