Stade de Reims-Paris Saint-Germain Preview: Ancelotti's side aim to cap off encouraging week with win
The capital club enjoyed a fruitful couple of days with two victories over arch-rivals Marseille, and will be hoping to continue their title charge with an expected victory
By Mohammed Ali
STADE DE REIMS
Fofana, Tacalfred, Weber, Signorino
Fortes, Devaux, Diego
Jallet, Alex, Sakho, Maxwell
Menez, Verratti, Matuidi, Pastore
Stade de Reims coach Hubert Fournier is without right-back Aissa Mandi following his red card in his previous Ligue 1 outing last weekend.
Mohamed Fofana could revert into the right-back role for the visit of the Ligue 1 leaders, though there is a clamour for places up front, with Nicolas Fauvergue and Nicolas De Preville vying for the striker position, though Gaetan Courtet should be handed the nod.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Carlo Ancelotti could rest a few players for the trip to lowly Reims, though Zlatan Ibrahimovic should feature, having been suspended for the Champions League return against Valencia next week.
David Beckham featured for a combined 102 minutes in both clashes against Olympique de Marseille in the Coupe de France and Ligue 1 over the past five days, but the returning Marco Verratti should relegate him to the bench.
The leaders have also been boosted by the return of Thiago Silva and Thiago Motta to training, though it is unclear whether they will be risked on Saturday afternoon.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Paris Saint-Germain won 2-0 against arch-rivals Marseille in their last Ligue 1 outing.
- Carlo Ancelotti's side have gone fifteen games unbeaten at the Parc des Princes.
- PSG have averaged three goals per game in their last six home encounters against promoted sides.
- Stade de Reims are face a relegation battle as they are 17th with 24 points.
- Hubert Fournier's side have failed to win an away game in 23 attempts in Ligue 1.
- Reims' Diego and Gael Courtet have scored almost two thirds of the club's league goals so far this season.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Stade de Reims 0-3 Paris St. Germain (PSG)
- 21.57 %
Stade de Reims 0-2 Paris St. Germain (PSG)
- 16.41 %
Stade de Reims 1-3 Paris St. Germain (PSG)
- 12.98 %
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||23 Nov 2013||Stade de Reims 0 - Paris St. Germain (PSG) 3|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||2 Mar 2013||Stade de Reims 1 - Paris St. Germain (PSG) 0|
|Ligue 1 (Lig1)||20 Oct 2012||Paris St. Germain (PSG) 1 - Stade de Reims 0|
|Stade de Reims|
|14 Dec 2013||Evian Thonon Gaillard 1 - Stade de Reims 1||Lig1|
|7 Dec 2013||Stade de Reims 1 - OGC Nice 0||Lig1|
|4 Dec 2013||FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0 - Stade de Reims 2||Lig1|
|30 Nov 2013||AS Saint-Etienne 4 - Stade de Reims 0||Lig1|
|23 Nov 2013||Stade de Reims 0 - Paris St. Germain (PSG) 3||Lig1|
|Paris St. Germain (PSG)|
|14 Dec 2013||Rennes 1 - Paris St. Germain (PSG) 3||Lig1|
|10 Dec 2013||Benfica 2 - Paris St. Germain (PSG) 1||UCL|
|7 Dec 2013||Paris St. Germain (PSG) 5 - FC Sochaux-Montbéliard 0||Lig1|
|4 Dec 2013||Evian Thonon Gaillard 2 - Paris St. Germain (PSG) 0||Lig1|
|1 Dec 2013||Paris St. Germain (PSG) 4 - Olympique Lyonnais 0||Lig1|
- 'We will always have Paris' - How De Laurentiis played hardball with Europe's top clubs to seal Cavani deal
- Paris Saint-Germain - Saint-Etienne Betting Preview: Cup holders to cause more problems for les Parisiens
- Champions League Special: Real Madrid on course for La Decima after kind Champions League draw
|-||N. de Préville||Striker|
|23||Gregory van der Wiel||Defender|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed