Fulham - QPR Preview: Hoops look to get back to winning ways in a west London derby
Harry Redknapp's men were on the wrong end of a 6-0 thrashing on their last visit to Craven Cottage, and must now face a home team buoyed by their recent win at Spurs
By Al Hain-Cole
Riether, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Dejagah, Karagounis, Sidwell, Duff
Bosingwa, Hill, Samba, Fabio
Hoilett, Park, M'Bia, Townsend
With no new injuries to contend with, Martin Jol is expected to stick with the same line-up that has served him well over the past three games, including a 1-0 win at White Hart Lane.
Eyong Enoh made his first appearance for the Cottagers against Tottenham, and is in contention for a place in the team alongside regular substitute Urby Emanuelson.
Mahamadou Diarra (knee) remains the only long-term absentee for the hosts.
Having lost 3-2 against Aston Villa while playing in a 4-3-3 formation last time out, Harry Redknapp will probably switch back to the 4-4-2 system that saw them pick up wins against Southampton and Sunderland.
Julio Cesar whould continue in goal for the Hoops, in spite of Rob Green's recovery from the illness that kept him out of the trip to Villa Park.
Luke Young, Tal Ben Haim and Samba Diakite are all sidelined with knocks, while Andrew Johnson (knee) and Armand Traore (calf) are still a couple of weeks away from full fitness.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- QPR's 2-1 win over Fulham at Loftus Road back in December was their first victory over their west London rivals in seven attempts, having lost five of the previous six.
- However, Fulham ran out 6-0 winners the last time these two sides met at Craven Cottage - a result that is both QPR’s record defeat and the hosts' joint-record win in the Premier League.
- QPR's conversion rate of 9.2 per cent is the lowest in the Premier League.
- The Cottagers have come from behind to win only four points in the Premier League this season - the worst such record in the top flight.
- Dimitar Berbatov (right) has scored in three successive Premier League games for the first time since December 2011. He has never netted in four successive appearances.
- Meanwhile, Jermaine Jenas has hit the back of the net in each of the last two games. The last time he scored in two consecutive Premier League games (February 2007), he went on to grab a goal in the third match.
- Despite their recent win over Tottenham, Fulham boast the worst return from London derbies in the Premier League having earned just eight points.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 2-1 QPR
- 16.14 %
Fulham 1-2 QPR
- 15.03 %
Fulham 2-0 QPR
- 7.75 %
|Premier League (EPL)||1 Apr 2013||Fulham 3 - QPR 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||15 Dec 2012||QPR 2 - Fulham 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||25 Feb 2012||QPR 0 - Fulham 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Oct 2011||Fulham 6 - QPR 0|
|19 Apr 2014||Tottenham 3 - Fulham 1||EPL|
|12 Apr 2014||Fulham 1 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|5 Apr 2014||Aston Villa 1 - Fulham 2||EPL|
|30 Mar 2014||Fulham 1 - Everton 3||EPL|
|22 Mar 2014||Manchester City 5 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|-||Tal Ben Haim||Defender|
While his arrival at Craven Cottage was greeted with much fanfare last summer, the Fulham fans have now familiarised themselves with what a frustrating customer the Bulgarian maverick can be. Brilliant one week, anonymous the next, the former Manchester United striker is enjoying one of his best periods for the club at the moment, and a fourth goal in four games would go some way to helping his team improve on their underwhelming record in London derbies this season.
Harry Redknapp barely gave the young winger a chance during his tenure at White Hart Lane, but obviously saw enough promise to go back to his former club in January and ask for his services on loan. The QPR boss has been richly rewarded with two goals in the last two games, and Townsend will play an important role in providing chances for the Hoops' dangerous strikeforce of Remy and Zamora.
QPR may be under extra pressure to get a result by the time they take to the field on Monday, with all of their relegation rivals having already played. This will do them no favours as they seek to overcome a side that are riding high after a few good results, and a home win seems likely.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed