Stoke - Swansea Preview: Pulis looking to halt 11-match winless streak
The Potters are yet to taste victory this season after two draws and a loss, whilst Michael Laudrup’s Swans will be hoping to bounce back after defeat to Everton
By Dale Jones
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilson
Kightly, Adam, Walters
Rangel, Chico, A Williams, Davies
De Guzman, Michu, Routledge
Stoke could name an unchanged side from the one that lost to Chelsea last weekend with only Matthew Etherington a possible inclusion in the starting line-up.
There are no new injury worries for the home team and Jamie Ness (groin) could be in contention for a place on the bench if he recovers in time.
For the visitors, Chico is expected come back into the side after his suspension although Garry Monk could start after his League Cup heroics in midweek.
Summer signing Pablo Hernandez picked up a knock (knee) and Nathan Dyer is suspended, so midfielder Jonathan De Guzman could be forced to play out wide.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke have only won once in their last 16 Premier League outings. However they are currently unbeaten in nine at the Britannia, a run that started with last season’s 2-0 win over Swansea.
- Despite being known for their attacking set pieces, Stoke have conceded 60% of their goals from set-plays, the highest proportion in the league.
- Stoke have lost none of their last eight home games against other 'Citys' in the Premier League (W4 D4 L0).
- Tony Pulis’s side have won none of the last 11 (W0 D8 L3).
- Swansea have allowed a joint-high 30 shots on target against them this season.
- None of Swansea’s 10 Premier League goals have come from set pieces.
- The Swans have made the lowest percentage of their passes in the final third (23 per cent), while Stoke have made the highest (40%).
- Swansea have lost all three Premier League games away from home against other 'Citys'.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 1-2 Swansea City
- 14.21 %
Stoke City 2-1 Swansea City
- 14.21 %
Stoke City 1-1 Swansea City
- 12.63 %
|Premier League (EPL)||10 Nov 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 3|
|Premier League (EPL)||19 Jan 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Sep 2012||Stoke City 2 - Swansea City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||26 Feb 2012||Stoke City 2 - Swansea City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Oct 2011||Swansea City 2 - Stoke City 0|
|7 Dec 2013||Stoke City 3 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|4 Dec 2013||Stoke City 0 - Cardiff 0||EPL|
|30 Nov 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|23 Nov 2013||Stoke City 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|10 Nov 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 3||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
The Swansea goalkeeper, who recently signed a new four-year contract, did well to keep last weekend’s defeat to Everton at just 3-0.And the Dutchman will be expecting a tough test with set-pieces at Stoke with numerous players to deal with including striker Peter Crouch.
Tony Pulis recently set out a rallying cry to the Stoke supporters to help them secure their first Premier League win of the season and the hostile atmosphere at the Britannia could help the home side.Swansea will have the opportunities for goals with the players at their disposal but, after their recent dip in form in the league, they will struggle to overpower a Stoke side.