Manchester City - QPR Preview: Champions welcome new-look Rs to Etihad 111 days after dramatic final day encounter
Mancini's side will look for a repeat of last season's result, while Mark Hughes is set to hand new signing Julio Cesar his Premier League debut following his move from Inter
By Husmukh Kerai
Zabaleta, Lescott, Kompany, Clichy
Nasri, Yaya Toure, Milner, Silva
Fabio, Ferdinand, Onuoha, Traore
Taarabt, Diakite, Granero, Park, Hoilett
Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini will once again be without Sergio Aguero (knee) after his injury in the opening game of the season, so Mario Balotelli is expected to feature in his absence.
Meanwhile, Micah Richards (foot) also remains sidelined but we could see Joleon Lescott back in the side after he sat out City's draw against Liverpool.
With Gareth Barry also set to miss out again (hernia), James Milner and Jack Rodwell are vying to partner Yaya Toure in the centre of City's midfield.
Mark Hughes has no injury concerns heading to the Etihad Stadium.
Bobby Zamora is expected to overcome a head injury to partner Djibril Cisse up front, with former Inter goalkeeper Julio Cesar being handed QPR debut after completing his move earlier in the week.
Fellow new signing Estaban Granero could also be handed a starting berth after arriving from Real Madrid on Thursday, with Mark Hughes revealing he has received international clearance for the player to take part in Manchester.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both games between these two sides last season finished with Manchester City running out 3-2 winners.
- The Premier League champions have conceded two goals in each of their last four matches.
- City have won 28 and lost none of their last 30 Premier League games at the Etihad Stadium. Mark Hughes (pictured, left) is one of only two managers to see his team earn a draw (Fulham in February 2011).
- Mancini's men have scored in their last 32 matches at the Etihad Stadium.
- QPR have picked up just 21 points in 21 Premier League games in 2012.
- The Rs have gone 17 Premier League games away from home without a clean sheet, shipping 40 goals in that run
- QPR dropped more points from a winning position than any other team last season.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 3-0 QPR
- 12.16 %
Manchester City 3-1 QPR
- 11.42 %
Manchester City 2-0 QPR
- 8.34 %
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Jan 2013||QPR 0 - Manchester City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||1 Sep 2012||Manchester City 3 - QPR 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||13 May 2012||Manchester City 3 - QPR 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||5 Nov 2011||QPR 2 - Manchester City 3|
|14 May 2013||Reading 0 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|11 May 2013||Manchester City 0 - Wigan Athletic 1||FA|
|7 May 2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich Albion 0||EPL|
|4 May 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|27 Apr 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham 1||EPL|
|20||Fabio Da Silva||Defender|
The match against QPR will provide the perfect opportunity for the Euro 2012 winner to kick-start his season and provide the decisive moments which led to City's Premier League triumph.
The pace of the 22-year-old alongside Armand Traore on the Rs’ left side should provide them with a threat on the counter.