Juventus - Napoli Preview: Bianconeri look to win Coppa Italia final on Del Piero's swansong
The Turin giants are hoping to claim a domestic double as the Partenopei aim to lift a long-awaited trophy as the two rivals clash at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome
By Adam Scime
Barzagli, Bonucci, Caceres
L'steiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Giaccherini
Del Piero, Vucinic
Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
Maggio, Inler, Dzemaili, Dossena
Juventus ended the Serie A season on a high by defeating Atalanta 3-1 to maitain their unbeaten record, but can wrap their season up in a tidy bow by winning the Coppa Italia. However, coach Antonio Conte must face a determined Napoli side without star defender Giorgio Chiellini.
Despite the former Fiorentina man's absence, Conte is set to stick with a 3-5-2 with Caceres stepping into the defence alongside Andrea Barzagli and Leonardo Bonucci. Marco Storari has been steady for Juventus in the competition all season and could be rewarded with a place in goal in the final. Meanwhile, De Ceglie's injury means Emanuele Giaccherini could start on the left of midfield, but Simone Pepe is another option.
Up front, club legend Alessando Del Piero is expected to be given a start on his final game for Juventus alongside Mirko Vucinic.
On the other side, Partenopei boss Walter Mazzarri has a worry in captain Paolo Cannavaro, but the centre-half is expected to grit his teeth to be in the starting XI come Sunday night.
The two-goal hero from their final league game against Siena last weekend, Andrea Dossena, is also a slight doubt and if he cannot feature Juan Camilo Zuniga should take his place on the left flank. Blerim Dzemaili will replace the suspended Walter Gargano in the centre of midfield.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus overcame Bologna, Roma and AC Milan to reach the Coppa Italia final this season
- The Bianconeri have been crowned champions of the tournament nine times (the joint most with Roma), although they have not lifted the cup since 1995 when they beat Parma.
- In Serie A play in 2011-12, Juventus drew 3-3 with Napoli at the Stadio San Paolo before defeating them 3-0 in Turin in the opposite fixture.
- Napoli have beaten Cesena, Inter and Siena on their path to the domestic cup decider.
- The Partenopei have three Coppa Italia crowns, but have not won the tournament since a 4-0 aggregate triumph against Atalanta over two legs in 1987.
- Edinson Cavani leads the scoring charts in the Coppa Italia with four goals. On Juventus' side, Martin Caceres, Alessandro Del Piero and Emanuele Giaccherini each have two strikes to their name.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 2-0 Napoli
- 23.13 %
Juventus 2-1 Napoli
- 14.04 %
Juventus 3-1 Napoli
- 13.15 %
|Serie A (ITA1)||1 Mar 2013||Napoli 1 - Juventus 1|
|Serie A (ITA1)||20 Oct 2012||Juventus 2 - Napoli 0|
|Italy - TIM Supercup (TIMS)||11 Aug 2012||Juventus 4 - Napoli 2|
|Italy - Coppa Italia (ITAC)||20 May 2012||Juventus 0 - Napoli 2|
|Serie A (ITA1)||1 Apr 2012||Juventus 3 - Napoli 0|
|18 May 2013||Sampdoria 3 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|11 May 2013||Juventus 1 - Cagliari 1||ITA1|
|8 May 2013||Atalanta 0 - Juventus 1||ITA1|
|5 May 2013||Juventus 1 - Palermo 0||ITA1|
|28 Apr 2013||Torino 0 - Juventus 2||ITA1|
|Returns:||Juventus £710.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £460.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Napoli £40.00||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|7||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
|1||Morgan De Sanctis||Goalkeeper|
|14||Hugo Armando Campagnaro||Defender|
|18||Juan Camilo Zúñiga||Defender|
|5||Miguel Angel Britos||Defender|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed