Massimiliano Allegri's side have the advantage of home soil when they take on the visitors from Bergamo and will be hoping for a slip-up from the Bianconeri in Round 36
Abate, Bonera, Yepes, Antonini
Nocerino, Ambrosini, Muntari
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy
Raimondi, Stendardo, Manfredini, Peluso
Schelotto, Cigarini, Cazzola, Bonaventura
Coming off a one-sided 4-1 victory over Siena, AC Milan will be looking to keep the pressure on league leaders Juventus, who they trail by three points, with another resounding result.
Coach Massimiliano Allegri, however, will still be without centre-back Thiago Silva, who will not be risked ahead of the derby against Inter on Sunday while the trainer also admitted Philippe Mexes is not in the best shape, so Daniele Bonera and Mario Yepes could make up the central defensive pairing once again.
Captain Massimo Ambrosini's recovery is a boost to the midfield, but Urby Emanuelson trained separately during the week and is unlikely to be fit in time for the clash at San Siro. Antonio Cassano, who scored his first goal since returning from heart surgery on Sunday, is likely to start from the bench with either Robinho or Stephan El Shaarawy partnering Zlatan Ibrahimovic up front.
Meanwhile, playmaker Luca Cigarini should return to the starting line-up for Atalanta. Coach Stefano Colantuono looks set to pick veteran hitman Simone Tiribocchi ahead of the more flashy Maxi Moralez and Italy Under-21 striker Manolo Gabbiadini up front.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan have won three of their last four league matches since a shock 2-1 home loss against Fiorentina on April 7.
- The Rossoneri have the best attack in the top flight, having scored 68 times in 35 matches this season.
- Antonio Cassano (pictured right) scored his first goal since October 15 in the win over Siena.
- Atalanta are the only side outside of the top three with less then 10 losses in Serie A this season.
- Stefano Colantuono's side have won just two of their last 10 away matches, and only won four times on the road all season.
- The Bergamo-based team have been unable to beat Milan in their last five attempts, last defeating them 2-1 in March 2008.