Inter - Atalanta Preview: Claudio Ranieri's men target successive Serie A victories against the Orobici
The Nerazzurri have enjoyed a mini resurgence of late but standing in their way of three more points on Sunday is a resilient Orobici outfit, unbeaten in their last six matches
By Livio Caferoglu
Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu
Zanetti, Stankovic, Palombo, Obi
Bellini, Ferri, Manfredini, Peluso
Schelotto, Carmona, Cigarini, Moralez
Claudio Ranieri is likely to make a number of alterations from the side who were knocked out of the Champions League midweek, starting in defence as Cristian Chivu is set to take the place of Yuto Nagatomo at left-back.
The Nerazzurri are also likely to freshen up their midfield with Angelo Palombo and Joel Obi coming in for Andrea Poli and Wesley Sneijder respectively, with the Dutchman ruled out with a groin strain.
Giampaolo Pazzini is to be rewarded for his late goal against L'OM by replacing Diego Forlan from the offset. However, midfielders Fredy Guarin and Ricardo Alvarez are both ruled out of the game through injury.In stark contrast, Atalanta are expected to make only the one change from the 1-1 draw with Parma last weekend with Italy Under-21 striker Manolo Gabbiadini, likely to make way for Guido Marilungo.
Additionally, Stefano Lucchini, Guglielmo Stendardo and Simone Tiribocchi all face late fitness tests ahead of the fixture, but Cristian Raimondi is fit again and will almost certainly take his place on the bench.Sadly for Matteo Brighi, his loan spell from Roma continues to go from bad to worse after it emerged he will miss the next six weeks through a recurring leg injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter have scored in each of their last 27 matches against Atalanta in Serie A.
- The Nerazzurri have beaten the Orobici on the last six occasions at home.
- Claudio Ranieri's men saw their winless streak of seven games come to an end against Chievo last week, while they also kept a first clean sheet in eight.
- However, Inter are still without a win in four at the Giuseppe Meazza.
- Atalanta are unbeaten in their last six games, conceding just twice, but have drawn four of these.
- Away from home, Stefano Colantuono's side have won just one of their last nine games.
- The Bergamaschi have lost more games against Inter than against any other Serie A rival.
- Atalanta have won just one of their last 13 top flight tussles with the Nerazzurri.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Inter 2-0 Atalanta
- 19.31 %
Inter 3-1 Atalanta
- 14.53 %
Inter 2-1 Atalanta
- 11.66 %
|Serie A (ITA1)||7 Apr 2013||Inter 3 - Atalanta 4|
|Serie A (ITA1)||11 Nov 2012||Atalanta 3 - Inter 2|
|Serie A (ITA1)||18 Mar 2012||Inter 0 - Atalanta 0|
|Serie A (ITA1)||26 Oct 2011||Atalanta 1 - Inter 1|
|Serie A (ITA1)||24 Apr 2010||Inter 3 - Atalanta 1|
|19 May 2013||Inter 2 - Udinese 5||ITA1|
|12 May 2013||Genoa 0 - Inter 0||ITA1|
|8 May 2013||Inter 1 - Lazio 3||ITA1|
|5 May 2013||Napoli 3 - Inter 1||ITA1|
|28 Apr 2013||Palermo 1 - Inter 0||ITA1|
|Returns:||Inter £50.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £36.00||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Atalanta £100.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|4||Javier Adelmar Zanetti||Defender|
|25||Walter Adrian Samuel||Defender|
|19||Esteban Matias Cambiasso||Midfielder|
|22||Diego Alberto Milito||Striker|
|-||Diego Forlan Corazo||Striker|
|-||Adriano Ferreira Pinto||Midfielder|