Serie A Preview: Parma - Juventus
The Old Lady face look to extend their unbeaten start to the season and further solidify their place at the league summit against Roberto Donadoni's inconsistent side
By Livio Caferoglu
Paletta, Lucarelli, Zaccardo
Valiani, Galloppa, Morrone, Gobbi
Biabiany, Giovinco, Floccari
Despite the appointment of former Italy coach Roberto Donadoni in the hotseat, not much has changed for Parma, who remain an unpredictable opponent in Serie A. The Gialloblu are expected to make two changes from the 1-1 draw with Catania, as Goncalo Brandao is set to be replaced by Cristian Zaccardo in defence, while Massimo Gobbi should come into the side in favour of Francesco Modesto.
Meanwhile for Juventus, two changes should see Claudio Marchisio rewarded for his assist off the substitute's bench in the 2-1 win against Udinese during the weekend with a place in the XI, at the expense of Emanuele Giaccherini. Also, Simone Pepe is to replace Stephan Lichtsteiner, as a 3-5-2 formation also looks set to be retained, with Antonio Conte reportedly pleased at how the system worked against the Zebrette.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- This will be the 40th meeting between these two sides in Serie A - Parma have won only nine; in stark contrast to Juventus' total of 17 victories.
- Parma have won three of their last four matches against Juventus, but just one of the last seven at home.
- The Ducali are unbeaten in their last six home games, with three goals scored in their last three.
- Sebastian Giovinco has scored four goals in his last three games against his former team Juventus - his most prolific opponent.
- Juventus remain the only side still unbeaten amongst the 'top five' European leagues and boast Serie A's best defence.
- Andrea Pirlo has scored six goals against Parma -the team he has netted the most against in his career.
- The Bianconeri won the first meeting between these two teams 4-1 earlier in the season.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Parma 0-2 Juventus
- 27.99 %
Parma 0-3 Juventus
- 15.31 %
Parma 1-3 Juventus
- 13.64 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||26 Mar 2014||Juventus 2 - Parma 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||2 Nov 2013||Parma 0 - Juventus 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||13 Jan 2013||Parma 1 - Juventus 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||25 Aug 2012||Juventus 2 - Parma 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||15 Feb 2012||Parma 0 - Juventus 0|
|13 Apr 2014||Bologna 1 - Parma 1||SR-A|
|6 Apr 2014||Parma 1 - Napoli 0||SR-A|
|2 Apr 2014||Roma 4 - Parma 2||SR-A|
|30 Mar 2014||Lazio 3 - Parma 2||SR-A|
|26 Mar 2014||Juventus 2 - Parma 1||SR-A|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed