Juventus - Genoa Preview: Home side aiming to make it eight consecutive games without defeat
The Old Lady will look to put their recent stuttering form well and truly behind them with a convincing performance against Alberto Malesani's side
By Livio Caferoglu
Lichtsteiner, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini
Pepe, Pirlo, Marchisio, Estigarribia
Mesto, Dainelli, Moretti, Antonelli
Kucka, Veloso, Rossi
Buffon suffered a bruised shoulder during training on Thursday, paving the way for former AC Milan shot-stopper Storari to line up between the sticks. Their summer recruit Vidal, on the other hand, is still recovering from a thigh injury incurred in Wednesday's session.
Other changes are also seen on the flanks, as Milos Krasic and Eljero Elia have been dropped from the side, amid reports that coach Antonio Conte is unhappy with their form. Therefore, Simone Pepe and Marcelo Estigarribia are likely to be handed the responsibility of providing width.
Meanwhile, Genoa have also opted to make alterations from the team that drew 0-0 with Lecce in last weekend's drab affair. Emiliano Moretti is expected to replace the suspended Kakha Kaladze in central defence, while Marco Rossi should make way for the incoming Giandomenico Mesto at right-back.
Elsewhere, Valter Birsa will be sacrificed for Rossi, who moves from defence into midfield, and Cristiano Jorquera should replace Andrea Caracciolo in attack.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Juventus have beat Genoa six times, with the visitors winning just once since their return to Serie A in 2007.
- Impressively, the Old Lady have scored in each of their last 16 meetings with the Grifoni.
- Juventus have failed to score at home just four times since March 2008, but interestingly every time they haven't found the net, they have lost.
- In addition, they are unbeaten in their past seven games and have lost just once in their last 16.
- Meanwhile, Genoa have beaten Juventus away from home just twice in 44 fixtures, and have suffered 53 defeats against Juventus on 88 occasions; their worst record against any Serie A team.
- Alberto Malesani's side have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last nine away games, losing seven on the road.
- Rodrigo Palacio has been involved in eight of his Genoa's nine total goals this season, scoring five and assisting three.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Juventus 2-0 Genoa
- 32.72 %
Juventus 3-0 Genoa
- 23.92 %
Juventus 3-1 Genoa
- 13.58 %
|Serie A (SR-A)||27 Oct 2013||Juventus 2 - Genoa 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||26 Jan 2013||Juventus 1 - Genoa 1|
|Serie A (SR-A)||16 Sep 2012||Genoa 1 - Juventus 3|
|Serie A (SR-A)||11 Mar 2012||Genoa 0 - Juventus 0|
|Serie A (SR-A)||22 Oct 2011||Juventus 2 - Genoa 2|
|11 Dec 2013||Galatasaray 1 - Juventus 0||UCL|
|6 Dec 2013||Bologna 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|1 Dec 2013||Juventus 1 - Udinese 0||SR-A|
|27 Nov 2013||Juventus 3 - Copenhagen 1||UCL|
|24 Nov 2013||Livorno 0 - Juventus 2||SR-A|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|-||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed