Real Betis - Real Madrid Preview: Jose Mourinho's men looking for 11th consecutive Liga victory this season
Los Blancos have been in fine form of late and will be looking for yet another victory when they visit Andalusia this weekend as they close in on the Liga title
By Luke Matthews
Nelson, Paulao, Dorado, Nacho
Sevilla, Iriney, Benat
Jonathan, Castro, Montero
Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo
Khedira, Xabi Alonso
Ozil, Kaka, Ronaldo
With Antonio Amaya sidelined through injury, Paulao is expected to partner Chechu Dorado in the defence although Ustaritz may be considered after Betis' recent defeat to Levante.
The Andalusian side have competition for places in attack although Jefferson Montero and Jonathan Pereira are expected to be chosen to support Ruben Castro upfront with young playmaker Alejandro Pozuelo ruled out.
Real Madrid will be without the injured Angel Di Maria and Fabio Coentrao while Ricardo Carvalho is unavailable through suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season.
However, his compatriot Pepe returns after receiving the same punishment and is expected to partner Sergio Ramos in the centre of defence. Karim Benzema is unlikely to play, although he is near fitness and could feature against CSKA Moscow on Wednesday.
Lassana Diarra and Hamit Altintop have shrugged off knocks yet neither is likely to start the game with Sami Khedira set to hold onto his place in the centre of midfield.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Betis, have only been leading in two of their 12 home games at half-time this season, although eight matches have been level at the break.
- Only Barcelona have hit the woodwork more than the Verdiblancos (17 times), with Ruben Castro striking the post on six occasions alone.
- The Andalusian club are the only team in La Liga who Cristiano Ronaldo has never scored against.
- Real Madrid have won their last three meetings against Betis, averaging four goals a game in the process.
- Mourinho's men are currently on a 10-game winning streak, equalling a run they also set earlier on in the campaign.
- Each away goal Los Blancos have scored this season has been worth one point (31 away goals, 31 away points).
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Betis 0-4 Real Madrid
- 20.71 %
Betis 0-3 Real Madrid
- 12.54 %
Betis 1-3 Real Madrid
- 10.86 %
|La Liga (LIGA)||20 Apr 2013||Real Madrid 3 - Betis 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||24 Nov 2012||Betis 1 - Real Madrid 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||10 Mar 2012||Betis 2 - Real Madrid 3|
|La Liga (LIGA)||15 Oct 2011||Real Madrid 4 - Betis 1|
|La Liga (LIGA)||21 Feb 2009||Real Madrid 6 - Betis 1|
|1 Jun 2013||Levante UD 1 - Betis 1||LIGA|
|26 May 2013||Betis 4 - Zaragoza 0||LIGA|
|20 May 2013||Mallorca 1 - Betis 0||LIGA|
|12 May 2013||Betis 1 - Celta 0||LIGA|
|5 May 2013||Barcelona 4 - Betis 2||LIGA|
|Returns:||Betis £460.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £130.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Real Madrid £15.00||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|25||Fabricio Agosto Ramírez||Goalkeeper|
|-||Jefferson Antonio Montero||Midfielder|
|9||Roque Santa Cruz||Striker|
|18||Raúl Albiol Tortajada||Defender|
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed