Swansea - Everton Preview: Toffees face tough task against second-best home defence in the league
Brendan Rodgers' side boast an enviable defensive record at the Liberty Stadium and, with David Moyes' team suffering from a lack of goals, the visitors face a difficult challenge
By Will Turner
Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor
Sigurdsson, Britton, Allen, Sinclair
Hibbert, Heitinga, Distin, Baines
Osman, Fellaini, Cahill, Pienaar, Drenthe
Swansea are set to welcome back captain Ashley Williams after he missed their 3-0 away win over Fulham at Craven Cottage last weekend.
The central defender was absent with a virus and should make his comeback when Everton visit the Liberty Stadium.
However, Kemy Agustien is still missing with an ankle injury and isn’t expected to feature until April whilst Nathan Dyer completes the last match of his three-match suspension.
For the Toffees, Jack Rodwell (hamstring), Seamus Coleman (thigh) and Darron Gibson (knee) could all return to the squad after injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Swansea have the second-best home defensive record in the Premier League, conceding just 10 goals at the Liberty Stadium. Swansea are 11/5 with William Hill to be the only team to score in this match.
- The Swans have kept the third-highest number of clean sheets with 12 - only Manchester United and Manchester City have more.
- In just nine appearances for Swansea, Gylfi Sigurdsson (right) is already their third-top goalscorer with five strikes.
- The Welsh side have lost just twice at home. Only Manchester City and Liverpool have fewer defeats on their own turf.
- Everton have scored 13 goals away from home this season, with only Stoke and Fulham scoring less.
- However, they have only conceded 18 on the road, with only the top two having conceded fewer.
- The Toffees have scored 11 of their 28 goals in the last 15 minutes of their matches.
- Royston Drenthe, Leon Osman, Leighton Baines, Victor Anichebe and Apostolos Vellios are Everton's joint-top goalscorers with three strikes each.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 2-0 Everton
- 22.58 %
Swansea City 1-0 Everton
- 10.48 %
Swansea City 1-2 Everton
- 9.68 %
|Premier League (EPL)||22 Mar 2014||Everton 3 - Swansea City 2|
|FA Cup (FA)||16 Feb 2014||Everton 3 - Swansea City 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||22 Dec 2013||Swansea City 1 - Everton 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||12 Jan 2013||Everton 0 - Swansea City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||22 Sep 2012||Swansea City 0 - Everton 3|
|19 Apr 2014||Newcastle United 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|13 Apr 2014||Swansea City 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|5 Apr 2014||Hull City 1 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|29 Mar 2014||Swansea City 3 - Norwich City 0||EPL|
|25 Mar 2014||Arsenal FC 2 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
He has integrated with ease due to his fantastic passing ability which has seen him immediately pulling the attacking strings and he will be key in setting Swansea’s pace against a relatively slow Everton back four.
The 31-year-old will need to be at his best and stopping Sinclair will be vital in stopping Swansea.
A midweek loss to Arsenal seem's to have dimmed the optimism at Goodison Park after David Moyes' 10th anniversary in charge.
Expect a home win.