Blackburn - Liverpool Preview: Steve Kean's men look to halt three-match losing streak by beating the Reds to move away from the relegation zone
Rovers have conceded the second-most goals in the Premier League but come up against a side who have struggled to convert their chances this season
By Michael Lightfoot
Orr, Dann, Hanley, Martin Olsson
Pedersen, Hoilett, Marcus Olsson,
Flanagan, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Bellamy, Gerrard, Henderson, Downing
Blackburn have Anthony Modeste unavailable after his red card in their last match against West Brom, whilst Vincenzo Grella is still out with a hip injury.
Michel Salgado is another long-term absentee with a rib problem but apart from that manager Steve Kean has a full squad to choose from.
Liverpool have long-term absentees Lucas and Charlie Adam (both knee) unavailable, whilst this fixture looks to have come too soon for Martin Kelly (ankle) and Glen Johnson (ankle).
Goalkeeper Pepe Reina is still suspended after being sent off against Newcastle, so Alexander Doni will continue to deputise, whilst Daniel Agger could start after making a substitute appearance in the previous game against Aston Villa after returning from injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Blackburn have lost their last three matches in the Premier League having previously been on a mini-revival of three unbeaten.
- Steve Kean's side have conceded 67 goals in the Premier League this season. Only bottom club Wolves have let in more (70).
- Striker Yakubu (pictured right) has only found the net twice this calendar year, he scored 12 in 2011. The striker is 6/1 to score first with Paddy Power.
- Liverpool have not kept a clean sheet since March 13, which was also the last time they won a game (Everton at home).
- The Reds lost their last fixture at Ewood Park 3-1, when a Benjani double and a Martin Olsson strike downed the Merseysiders and ended Roy Hodgson's tenure at Anfield.
- Kenny Dalglish's men have four points from their last six matches with a draw against Aston Villa ending a three-match losing streak.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Blackburn Rovers 0-2 Liverpool
- 14.11 %
Blackburn Rovers 1-2 Liverpool
- 12.46 %
Blackburn Rovers 2-1 Liverpool
- 10.3 %
|Premier League (EPL)||10 Apr 2012||Blackburn Rovers 2 - Liverpool 3|
|Premier League (EPL)||26 Dec 2011||Liverpool 1 - Blackburn Rovers 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||5 Jan 2011||Blackburn Rovers 3 - Liverpool 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||24 Oct 2010||Liverpool 2 - Blackburn Rovers 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||28 Feb 2010||Liverpool 2 - Blackburn Rovers 1|
|4 May 2013||Birmingham City 1 - Blackburn Rovers 1||ENG2|
|27 Apr 2013||Blackburn Rovers 1 - Crystal Palace 1||ENG2|
|23 Apr 2013||Millwall 1 - Blackburn Rovers 2||ENG2|
|20 Apr 2013||Watford 4 - Blackburn Rovers 0||ENG2|
|16 Apr 2013||Blackburn Rovers 1 - Huddersfield Town 0||ENG2|
|Returns:||Blackburn £70.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Draw £35.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Liverpool £100.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
The Canadian has been one of Rovers' shining lights this season and is very productive on the counter attack. He could prove the difference between the two sides, especially if he continues his good link up play with striker Yakubu.
Liverpool's number-two goalkeeper continues to deputise for Pepe Reina and was partly at fault for Aston Villa's goal in the previous match. He will need to be on top form if he is stop Liverpool's slump from continuing.
Steve Kean's men will be scrapping away until the finish as they fight to avoid relegation from the top flight and a win would take them out of the bottom three. Liverpool are out-of-sorts and could go away empty-handed.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed