West Brom - QPR Preview: Hoops looking for first away victory since November
Mark Hughes' side's last victory away from Loftus Road was against Stoke City which ended 3-2 and if they are to survive relegation then they must take all three points
By Michael Lightfoot
Shorey, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Dorrans, Mulumbu, Andrews, Jones
Onuoha, Hill, Ferdinand, Taiwo
Barton, Derry, Diakite, Buszaky
West Brom look set to go with an attacking side after their performance against Manchester City in midweek.
Roy Hodgson's men are safe from relegation but the manager was not happy with the performance so he will welcome Marc-Antoine Fortune back into the side. However, he is without long-term absentee James Morrison, while Chris Brunt remains doubtful after missing the trip to Manchester City.
QPR welcome Shaun Derry back from his one-match ban but are without Djibril Cisse who continues his suspension.
Long-term absentees Alejandro Faurlin and Kieron Dyer continue to miss out with anterior cructiate ligament damage and an ankle injury respectively.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Brom have kept one clean sheet in their past six games, in their 3-0 victory against Blackburn Rovers.
- They have lost three of their last four fixtures, including home defeats by Manchester City and Newcastle.
- Star striker Peter Odemwingie (pictured right) has gone seven games without scoring for the club.
- QPR kept their first clean sheet since October in midweek against Swansea. Their previous one came against Chelsea.
- They have three wins in their past six fixtures, but these victories all came at home.
- Mark Hughes' men have not won an away match since November 19 when they defeated Stoke 3-2.
- The Hoops have not beaten the Baggies in the league since 2001.
- Mark Hughes' side are on their best run of the season so far, winning three of their past five games.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
West Bromwich Albion 2-1 QPR
- 20.23 %
West Bromwich Albion 1-2 QPR
- 16.85 %
West Bromwich Albion 1-1 QPR
- 8.99 %
|FA Cup (FA)||15 Jan 2013||West Bromwich Albion 0 - QPR 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||5 Jan 2013||QPR 1 - West Bromwich Albion 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||26 Dec 2012||QPR 1 - West Bromwich Albion 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||6 Oct 2012||West Bromwich Albion 3 - QPR 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||14 Apr 2012||West Bromwich Albion 1 - QPR 0|
|West Bromwich Albion|
|12 Apr 2014||West Bromwich Albion 3 - Tottenham 3||EPL|
|5 Apr 2014||Norwich City 0 - West Bromwich Albion 1||EPL|
|29 Mar 2014||West Bromwich Albion 3 - Cardiff City 3||EPL|
|22 Mar 2014||Hull City 2 - West Bromwich Albion 0||EPL|
|15 Mar 2014||Swansea City 1 - West Bromwich Albion 2||EPL|
The goalkeeper will have to be on his best form to keep QPR at bay as they look for three points that would help them move away from the relegation zone. And after conceding four in his previous match, he'll want to get back to keeping a clean sheet.
The Moroccan international's trickery could be the major difference between the two sides and finally got his first Premier League goal against Arsenal, so he'll be wanting to get more. His link-up play with Bobby Zamora could prove crucial as QPR fight for survival in the Premier League.
QPR are the form side between the two with 10 points from six matches, including wins against Liverpool and Arsenal, and as they have everything to play for against a side that is already safe, they should win this.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed