Swansea City - Blackburn Preview: Both sides seeking to end four-game losing streak
Swans aiming to rediscover impressive home form after two defeats in a row at the Liberty Stadium, with Rovers hoping to bounce back from late heartache at the hands of Liverpool
By Ross Jackson
Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor
Dyer, Britton, Allen, Sinclair
Orr, Dann, Hanley, Olsson
Hoilett, N'Zonzi, Dunn, Pedersen
Brendan Rodgers has no further injury worries following his side's 3-0 humbling at the hands of QPR on Wednesday. They are, however, still without the injured Ferre Bodde and Keny Agustien.
Meanwhile, Wayne Routledge's recent run in the side could be set to come to an end having been hauled off at half-time in the midweek defeat at Loftus Road.
Similarly, Steve Kean's team boasts a near full quota, with Vince Grella the only injured absentee. There will likely be a recall for Norwegian midfielder Morten Gamst Pedersen as Rovers look to exploit his set-piece delivery.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both sides come into the game looking to stop a rot of four defeats in a row. Swansea are 7/1 to win the game 1-0 with bet365.
- During that run Swansea have mustered just one goal - a second half Gylfi Sigurdsson strike against Tottenham.
- Danny Graham has scored 10 Premier League goals this season. The only Englishmen to have scored more this term are Frank Lampard, Grant Holt and Wayne Rooney.
- Despite their lack of goals, Brendan Rodgers' side boast an impressive defensive record, with only Manchester City conceding less at home this season.
- Blackburn striker Yakubu (pictured right) currently sits joint fourth in the Premier League top scorers' chart with 16 goals this season.
- Steve Kean's side rely heavily on the Nigerian striker's firepower, with Junior Hoilett the only other player in the side to have scored more than three goals this season.
- The Swans' home form has been impressive so far this season, but they have failed to score or pick up a point in their last two games at the Liberty Stadium.
- When the two sides met earlier this season it was Rovers who emerged victorious, with Yakubu grabbing all four goals in a 4-2 win.
- Following midweek wins for Wigan and QPR, Rovers sit 19th in the table, three points from safety.
- Despite regular protests at Ewood Park, Blackburn's biggest concern appears to be their away form, with no team conceding more goals or picking up less wins on the road this season than the Lancashire club.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 2-0 Blackburn Rovers
- 20.2 %
Swansea City 2-1 Blackburn Rovers
- 18.18 %
Swansea City 1-2 Blackburn Rovers
- 15.15 %
|Premier League (EPL)||14 Apr 2012||Swansea City 3 - Blackburn Rovers 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||3 Dec 2011||Blackburn Rovers 4 - Swansea City 2|
|19 May 2013||Swansea City 0 - Fulham 3||EPL|
|12 May 2013||Manchester United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|7 May 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|4 May 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|28 Apr 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Swansea City £20.50||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Draw £210.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Blackburn £560.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
Since serving a three-match ban for a sending off against Wigan at the beginning of March, Dyer has had to play second-fiddle to Wayne Routledge. However, with Routledge hauled off at half-time against QPR, the 24-year-old could be given his chance to impress against Swansea, and will no doubt be looking to exploit the space left by the adventurous Martin Olsson.
The Norwegian midfielder was left out of the side cruelly beaten by Liverpool on Tuesday, however, with the Swansea midfield severely lacking in height, Rovers’ best avenue for success may come via the midfielder’s long-throws and set-pieces.
Had this fixture been played a few weeks ago the Swans would have looked a certainty for three points. But recent home defeats to Tottenham and Newcastle have exposed a vulnerability to Rodgers’ side, yet they should have enough quality to overcome a travelsick Blackburn side.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed