Fulham - West Brom Preview: Visitors looking to upset Martin Jol’s side’s strong form at Craven Cottage
The hosts have won four of their last five home games, losing only to champions Manchester United, but the Baggies have won three and drawn one of their last five on the road
By Joe Doyle
Kelly, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Duff, Dempsey, Ruiz
WEST BROMWICH ALBION
Tamas, Olsson, McAuley, Shorey
Thomas, Mulumbu, Dorrans, Morrison
Expect Andy Johnson to start if Fulham can resist any late overtures from QPR, with Clint Dempsey looking for his third hat-trick in the space of a month from midfield.
Roy Hodgson, however, has a much longer injury list to contend with as Chris Brunt and Zoltan Gera remain long term injury concerns. Jerome Thomas should be back after picking up a slight ankle knock against Norwich, but don't be surprised if he doesn't make the starting lineup.
The trip to Craven Cottage is also likely to come too early for Paul Scharner. Expect the Baggies to reinstate Shane Long to the starting XI alongside Simon Cox, with Marc Antoine-Fortune dropping to the bench.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- There have been no away wins in the 11 games between the two sides in the Premier League.
- Fulham have won four of their last five home games in the Premier League, losing only to Manchester United.
- The Cottagers are the only side not to have conceded any penalties in the Premier League this season.
- West Brom, meanwhile, have conceded seven - the second highest amount in the division.
- Bagges manager Roy Hodgson (right) has a win percentage of 34% with the Baggies, the same he had at former club Fulham.
- West Brom have won three and drawn one of their last five away games in the league.
- The visitors have kept just one clean sheet in their last 30 away games in the league.
- They have also scored the highest percentage of goals in the first half, grabbing a whopping 59% of their goals before the break.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 30.7 %
Fulham 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 11.4 %
Fulham 1-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 8.77 %
|Premier League (EPL)||14 Sep 2013||Fulham 1 - West Bromwich Albion 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||1 Jan 2013||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Fulham 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||15 Sep 2012||Fulham 3 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||1 Feb 2012||Fulham 1 - West Bromwich Albion 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||24 Sep 2011||West Bromwich Albion 0 - Fulham 0|
|8 Dec 2013||Fulham 2 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|4 Dec 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|30 Nov 2013||West Ham 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|23 Nov 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|9 Nov 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Fulham's strength over the past few years really has been their home form and I can see it continuing against the Baggies. They tend to play much better in the second half though, and I think West Brom could indeed be in the lead at half-time, so it could be tight. But if Fulham's creative players in attack get on the ball, it should be a win for the home side.