QPR - Wigan Athletic Preview: Mark Hughes' men looking for first win in ten
The Premier League's two lowest scoring teams lock horns with Mark Hughes determined to find his first victory as Ranger boss, while the Latics search for a first win in six games
By Mark Fordham
Young, Ferdinand, Gabbidon, Hill
Wright-Phillips, Derry, Barton, Mackie
Stam, Alcaraz, Caldwell, Figueroa
Moses, McCarthy, McArthur, Crusat, Gomez,
The hosts will be without Armand Traore and Adel Taraabt as the duo are away on international duty, while Alejandro Faurlin has been ruled out for the season after damaging his cruciate ligaments.
Wigan Athletic boss Roberto Martinez will be able to call on a fully fit squad apart from long-term absentee Chris Kirkland. Dutch full-back Patrick van Aanholt has finished his unsuccessful loan spell at the club from Chelsea, while Mohamed Diame is away on international duty until at least the end of February.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Defeat last weekend to Newcastle means QPR have lost seven of their last nine games in the Premier League.
- This run means that the hosts have gone without a win for nearly two months, with their last three-point outing coming in the form of a victory over Stoke City back in November.
- Throughout former boss Neil Warnock’s reign, QPR were out of the relegation zone, but following Mark Hughes’ first game defeat last week, the Hoops have slipped into the bottom three.
- Rangers have the second worst home record in the Premier League, having secured just one win all season – against a nine-man Chelsea. Only Bolton Wanderers have had worse results in their own backyard.
- Only Fulham have scored less goals away from home in the Premier League this season than Wigan Athletic, who have hit the net just eight times.
- Roberto Martinez's side have not won in six games in the Premier League since their 2-1 victory over West Brom on December 10.
- Wigan and Rangers are the two lowest scoring teams in the Premier League, with 18 & 19 goals respectively.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a 100% deposit bonus up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 2-0 Wigan Athletic
- 17.39 %
QPR 1-1 Wigan Athletic
- 14.78 %
QPR 2-1 Wigan Athletic
- 13.91 %
|England - Championship (ENG2)||25 Mar 2014||QPR 1 - Wigan Athletic 0|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||30 Oct 2013||Wigan Athletic 0 - QPR 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||7 Apr 2013||QPR 1 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||8 Dec 2012||Wigan Athletic 2 - QPR 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||21 Jan 2012||QPR 3 - Wigan Athletic 1|
|19 Apr 2014||Leicester City 1 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|12 Apr 2014||QPR 5 - Nottingham Forest 2||ENG2|
|8 Apr 2014||Blackburn Rovers 2 - QPR 0||ENG2|
|5 Apr 2014||Bournemouth 2 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|29 Mar 2014||QPR 1 - Blackpool 1||ENG2|
|26||Ali Al Habsi||Goalkeeper|
|9||Franco Di Santo||Striker|