Manchester City - Norwich City Preview: Roberto Mancini's men look to prolong proud home record
The leaders remain the only side yet to be beaten in the Premier League, and are currently on a run of 16 games undefeated at the Etihad Stadium in top-flight matches
By Adithya Ananth
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Milner, Yaya Toure, Barry, Silva
Naughton, Martin, Barnett, Tierney
Bennett, Fox, Johnson, Pilkington
Meanwhile, Paul Lambert has to make do without the services of James Vaughan and Elliott Ward, since the duo are sidelined with their respective knee injuries. Ritchie De Laet (back) is a doubt for this encounter as he is reportedly yet to return to training following his injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester City are the only team yet to be beaten in the Premier League. Every other side has lost at least one game.
- Along with Liverpool and Newcastle United, Roberto Mancini's men also have the best defensive record in the league, since they have let in only 12 goals in 13 matches.
- The hosts have have not lost a single game in their last 16 league clashes at home. They are also on a run of 11 consecutive victories.
- Norwich City last beat these opponents back in 2001, with a 2-0 score result at Carrow Road.
- If all matches ended at half-time the Canaries would be in sixth position in the league, as opposed to their current 10th place.
- Paul Lambert's men have conceded 11 goals on their top-flight travels this season. In the top-half of the table, only Arsenal have shipped in more.
Visit our Euro 2012 microsite for all you need to know ahead of Friday's draw and beyond - team profiles, stadium guides, even which hotels are best to stay in!
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester City 4-0 Norwich City
- 19.23 %
Manchester City 3-0 Norwich City
- 16.51 %
Manchester City 3-1 Norwich City
- 9.19 %
|Premier League (EPL)||19 May 2013||Manchester City 2 - Norwich City 3|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Dec 2012||Norwich City 3 - Manchester City 4|
|Premier League (EPL)||14 Apr 2012||Norwich City 1 - Manchester City 6|
|Premier League (EPL)||3 Dec 2011||Manchester City 5 - Norwich City 1|
|Capital One Cup (CCUP)||25 Sep 2007||Manchester City 1 - Norwich City 0|
|19 May 2013||Manchester City 2 - Norwich City 3||EPL|
|14 May 2013||Reading 0 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|11 May 2013||Manchester City 0 - Wigan Athletic 1||FA|
|7 May 2013||Manchester City 1 - West Bromwich Albion 0||EPL|
|4 May 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Manchester City £11.70||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Returns:||Draw £120.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Norwich City £410.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
The Italian is returning from a suspension and may be given a start, and he will be looking to make amends for the red card he received against Liverpool.
The goalkeeper will have to be on his toes since City have scored more goals than any other team in the Premier League. The shot-stopper's performance, coupled with that of the back line, will be paramount if the underdogs are to stand any chance of snatching a point off the league leaders.
The hosts are a little too strong for the Canaries and should make their way past them without any significant trouble.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed