Stoke City - QPR Preview: Both teams aiming to bounce back after successive Premier League defeats
Tony Pulis' hosts have won only one of their last seven domestic games and lost 5-0 last time out, while Neil Warnock's newly promoted club have not picked up a point in two games
By Adithya Ananth
Wilkinson, Shawcross, Woodgate, Wilson
Pennant, Delap, Whelan, Etherington
QUEENS PARK RANGERS
Young, Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Traore
Barton, Derry, Faurlin, Wright-Phillips
For Queens Park Rangers, Akos Buzsaky (ankle), DJ Campbell (foot), Kieron Dyer (foot), Fitz Hall (hamstring), Rob Hulse (knee) and Matthew Connolly are all out with injuries, while Martin Rowlands and Patrick Agyemang are unavailable as they duo have gone out on loan.
| DID YOU KNOW?
- Stoke City are meeting QPR for the first time in the Premier League, with their previous recent clashes taking place in the Championship.
- The last time these two sides met was in March 2008, when Tony Pulis' men were subject to a 3-0 defeat.
- The hosts have hit a torrid patch of form in recent weeks, as they have won only one of their last seven league games. Five of those were defeats.
- If all games ended at half-time, QPR would have slipped one place downwards to 12th while Stoke would be rock bottom.
- Heidar Helguson (pictured right) has made four starts in the league, and has managed to score three goals.
- The two teams have met 29 times through the course of their respective histories, and QPR have won 15 matches while Stoke have had to settle for eight wins. The remaining games were drawn.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|William Hill: £25 in free bets|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 2-1 QPR
- 15.96 %
Stoke City 1-1 QPR
- 15.49 %
Stoke City 2-0 QPR
- 12.68 %
|Premier League (EPL)||20 Apr 2013||QPR 0 - Stoke City 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||10 Nov 2012||Stoke City 1 - QPR 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||6 May 2012||QPR 1 - Stoke City 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||19 Nov 2011||Stoke City 2 - QPR 3|
|8 Mar 2014||Norwich City 1 - Stoke City 1||EPL|
|1 Mar 2014||Stoke City 1 - Arsenal FC 0||EPL|
|22 Feb 2014||Manchester City 1 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|12 Feb 2014||Stoke City 1 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|8 Feb 2014||Southampton 2 - Stoke City 2||EPL|
The captain will have to marshal the back well during this fixture, since the Potters will want to keep a clean sheet and ensure that they are assured of a point or more from this outing to get them out of a rotten spell of form.
The Icelandic striker has been a good source of goals for Neil Warnock, with three in four starts and he could be the focal point of the visitors' attack at the Britannia Stadium.
Both teams have had their ups and downs in the league so far, and both are coming into this fixture having lost to another club in the previous round of games. They have both won three, drawn three and lost five matches so far, and the similar results point towards a draw.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed