QPR - Chelsea Preview: Blues look to maintain the pressure on the Manchester sides with a London derby victory
Andre Villas-Boas' side look to continue their fine form as they visit Loftus Road for the first time in over 15 years, while QPR search for their first home victory this term
By Matthew Harold
Young, Hall, Ferdinand, Traore
Faurlin, Derry, Barton
Wright-Phillips, Helguson, Taarabt
Bosingwa, Luiz, Terry, Cole
Mikel, Lampard, Meireles
Sturridge, Drogba, Mata
Maverick midfielder Adel Taarbt is expected to shake off a virus in order to start in the Loftus Road clash.
Andre Villas-Boas will go into the match without Ramires, who is still recovering from a knee injury, while Fernando Torres will also have to sit out the clash, serving the last match of his three-game suspension.
The Stamford Bridge boss should, however, welcome back John Terry, Didier Drogba and Juan Mata after the trio were rested for the Champions League demolition of Genk in midweek.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- This will be the first league meeting between the sides at Loftus Road since January 1996, when a Matt Brazier own goal and a Paul Furlong strike helped claim all three points for the Stamford Bridge side, with Bradley Allen scoring for QPR.
- No Loftus Road player has been able to find the net more than once this season, with five players currently sitting on a solitary goal.
- Chelsea are currently only a point behind Manchester United in second place and only three points behind pacesetters Manchester City at the top of the Premier League.
- Blues keeper Petr Cech has only claimed two clean sheets in the league so far this season, during the scoreless draws against both Fulham and Stoke.
- The only loss that the Stamford Bridge side have suffered so far this season was when they visited Old Trafford to play league champions Manchester United in September.
- Chelsea have scored eight goals in their last two league games against both Everton and Bolton which is two more than QPR have scored in the entire season.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
QPR 0-4 Chelsea FC
- 21.91 %
QPR 0-3 Chelsea FC
- 19.67 %
QPR 0-5 Chelsea FC
- 11.6 %
|Premier League (EPL)||2 Jan 2013||Chelsea FC 0 - QPR 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||15 Sep 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea FC 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Apr 2012||Chelsea FC 6 - QPR 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||28 Jan 2012||QPR 0 - Chelsea FC 1|
|Premier League (EPL)||23 Oct 2011||QPR 1 - Chelsea FC 0|
|3 Dec 2013||QPR 3 - Bournemouth 0||ENG2|
|30 Nov 2013||Doncaster Rovers 2 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|23 Nov 2013||QPR 1 - Charlton Athletic 0||ENG2|
|9 Nov 2013||Reading 1 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|2 Nov 2013||QPR 2 - Derby County 1||ENG2|
|12||John Obi Mikel||Midfielder|
The controversial midfielder was handed the captaincy by manager Neil Warnock on his arrival to Loftus Road from Newcastle United, with Warnock no doubt seeing the 29-year-old as a key figure to securing Premier League survival.
The 22-year-old has established himself as a first-team regular after spending the second half of last season on loan at Bolton and has already claimed four goals so far this season, moving him towards an international call-up.
With Chelsea starting to find their feet under boss Andre Villas-Boas they will be looking to continue their scoring form on order to keep up with the two Manchester clubs at the top of the Premier League.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed