Fulham - Manchester City Preview: Roberto Mancini's men looking to continue winning streak at Craven Cottage
Cottagers are sitting in 18th place, still looking for their first win in the league this season, having drawn with Villa and Blackburn while losing to Newcastle and Wolves
By Adithya Ananth
Kelly, Hangeland, Senderos, J A Riise
Duff, Sidwell, Murphy, Dempsey
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov
Y Toure, Barry
Silva, Aguero, Nasri
Simon Davies is sidelined with a knee injury and is expected to be out for another two months, while Zoltan Gera served a three-match suspension but has not played any part in the campaign due to a minor injury.
Aaron Hughes is a doubt after he had to be taken off during the first-half of the game against Blackburn Rovers, while Bjorn Helge Riise remains a doubt due to the hamstring problem sustained after the game against RNK Split.
Dickson Etuhu missed the recent Europa League clash against Twente due to a thigh problem and is also a doubt for this fixture.
Aleksandar Kolarov could sneak in ahead of Gael Clichy due to his heroics in helping City to a draw against Napoli in the Champions League.
James Milner is on his way back to full fitness following a concussion sustained against Wigan Athletic, and is a doubt for this clash. Nigel de Jong is out due to a foot injury that he picked up against Swansea City, while Owen Hargreaves is still some way from regaining match fitness.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham are yet to win their first game in the Premier League this season.
- The Cottagers have scored only two goals in the league so far, and only Queens Park Rangers (one) and Swansea City (none) have scored fewer.
- Neither side has been able to keep a clean sheet in any of the last 14 league matches when they have faced each other.
- The home side have a dodgy home record against the visitors, having won nine and lost nine out of the 26 league games that have taken place in London between the two teams.
- Manchester City's Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko (pictured right) have both scored six goals in only four matches, and only Wayne Rooney (eight) has scored more than the duo in the Premier League so far.
- Roberto Mancini's men have also won every league game so far, and are second in the standings - behind arch-rivals Manchester United - only on goal difference.
- Incidentally, the last time that City drew a game in the Premier League was back in February, against Fulham at the Etihad Stadium - prior to Martin Jol's arrival.
- The Eastlands club have been good on the road in the recent past, winning four of their last five trips away from home including a 5-1 thrashing of Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Sign up with Betway for a £50 free bet!|
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 0-3 Manchester City
- 23.93 %
Fulham 1-3 Manchester City
- 15.07 %
Fulham 0-4 Manchester City
- 10.88 %
|Premier League (EPL)||19 Jan 2013||Manchester City 2 - Fulham 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||29 Sep 2012||Fulham 1 - Manchester City 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||4 Feb 2012||Manchester City 3 - Fulham 0|
|Premier League (EPL)||18 Sep 2011||Fulham 2 - Manchester City 2|
|Premier League (EPL)||27 Feb 2011||Manchester City 1 - Fulham 1|
|4 Dec 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|30 Nov 2013||West Ham 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|23 Nov 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|9 Nov 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|2 Nov 2013||Fulham 1 - Manchester United 3||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Brede Hangeland will have his work cut out on the day, as he will be facing one of the most prolific attacks in the league this season. His performance during the game could well define the outcome of the match, as it would take a herculean task to keep Edin Dzeko and Sergio Aguero quiet.
Edin Dzeko has scored six goals in four games and recently lost the top spot in the goal scoring charts as Manchester United's Wayne Rooney surged ahead. The Bosnian would want to set the record straight and at the same time help his side to yet another convincing victory.
Fulham have lost only once in their last 11 home games in the league, but Manchester City are currently in superb form, unbeaten so far. They may be a little fatigued after their midweek exertions against Napoli, but the playing ground should be level after the Cottagers' game against Twente. All said and done, the quality and depth in the City squad should ensure that they come away victorious on the day.
Times In BST
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed