The hosts are waiting on the fitness of midfielder James McCarthy as the likes of David Jones and Kyle Naughton prepare for their top-flight debuts at their new clubs
Boyce, G Caldwell, Alcaraz, Figueroa
Gomez, McArthur, Watson, Jones, Moses
Martin, Barnett, De Laet, Naughton
Fox, Bennett, Crofts
Norwich were hit by knee injuries to James Vaughan and Elliot Ward during their pre-season training camp in Germany back in July and the pair have no chance of making it at the DW Stadium. Steve Morison arrived at the club from Millwall in the summer but is likely to start on the bench as Paul Lambert sticks to trusted striking duo Grant Holt and Simeon Jackson.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Had last season's Premier League been based on home results only, Wigan would have been relegated with 26 points.
- The Latics are the youngest club in the division, having been formed in 1932.
- The last time Wigan beat the East Anglian outfit at home was in the 1987 FA Cup fourth round at the club's old ground, Springfield Park. They have never done so in the league.
- Norwich are the first team since Manchester City in 1999-2000 to win successive promotions to the Championship and Premier League.
- Since Paul Lambert (pictured right) took over at Carrow Road in 2009, the club have not lost two consesutive league games in the same season.
- The Canaries boss became the first British player to win the Champions League with a foreign club when he was was part of the Borussia Dortmund side that beat Juventus in 1997.