The Azzurri are all set to lock horns with the Boys in Green for an international friendly at the Stade Maurice Dufrasne in Liege on Tuesday evening
Viviano; Cassani, Gamberini, Chiellini, Criscito; Nocerino, Pirlo, Marchisio; Montolivo; Rossi, Pazzini
Italy coach Cesare Prandelli will be unable to call on Mario Balotelli, Thiago Motta or Alberto Aquilani on Tuesday evening while Daniele De Rossi was excluded from the squad for breaching the Azzurri tactician's code of conduct.
|Republic of Ireland (4-4-2)
Forde; McShane, St Ledger, O'Dea, Ward; Coleman, Andrews, Foley, Lawrence; Keogh, Long
Aiden McGeady will miss the match after the winger was summoned back to Russia by Spartak Moscow. Robbie Keane, Kevin Kilbane, Shay Given, Keith Fahey and John O'Shea were all given permission to be excused from the squad.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Italy are undefeated in Euro 2012 qualifying and have a five-point lead over second-placed Slovenia.
- Azzurri coach Cesare Prandelli played under current Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni at Juventus.
- The Nazionale beat Ukraine 2-0 in their last international friendly.
- Giuseppe Rossi has scored in his last two games for Italy.
- Republic of Ireland have outscored their opponents 8-0 in their last three competitive fixtures.
- Robbie Keane passed the 50-goal mark after netting a brace in the 2-0 win over Macedonia on Saturday.
- The Boys in Green played out a 2-2 draw in their last match against Italy- an entertaining World Cup qualifier in October 2009.
- Giovanni Trapattoni had a four-year stint as Italy's national team coach from 2000-04.
Commentaries, Stats, Player Ratings and much more,
Visit Goal.com Live Scores!