Levante - Barcelona Preview: Catalans need just one point to seal La Liga title
Pep Guardiola’s men will wrap up their third league success in a row with a draw on Wednesday night, while they will also be aiming to keep on course for 100 points
By Robin Bairner
|Levante (4-2-3-1): Munua; Venta, Ballesteros, Nano, Juanfran; X. Torres, Iborra; Valdo, R. Suarez, Montero; Caicedo.
|Barcelona (4-3-3): Valdes; Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Villa.|
Carles Puyol continues to train away from the main body of the team along with Adriano, and neither are expected to figure on Wednesday.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Levante have lost only three of their last 15 Liga encounters, pushing themselves into mid-table.
- When the Valencia-based side were beaten 3-2 by Athletic Bilbao at the weekend, it was the first time that they had gone three matches without a win since January, when they suffered a five-game losing streak.
- Scoring first tends to be important against Levante, as they have only recovered to win from a losing position once this season.
- Against sides in the top half of the table, they have gained only 12 points from 16 encounters – the worst record in the league aside from basement side Almeria.
- Barcelona, on the other hand, actually have a better record against teams in the top 10 positions, averaging 2.64 points a game, compared to 2.55 against the lesser ranked teams.
- They have scored exactly 40 goals when playing sides ranked in the upper echelons of the table and have conceded only 10.
- Pep Guardiola’s side lie second in the form table behind Malaga, who have picked up two more points than the Catalans in their last eight fixtures, conceding one goal less and scoring three goals more.
- Away from home, the Catalans have slipped up only once in the league, losing surprisingly at Real Sociedad less than a fortnight ago.
- If Barca win their remaining three games, they will clock up 100 points, and they only need nine goals to also hit 100 for the campaign.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Levante UD 0-3 Barcelona
- 17.54 %
Levante UD 0-4 Barcelona
- 12.46 %
Levante UD 0-5 Barcelona
- 11.87 %
|La Liga (LIGA)||20 Apr 2013||Barcelona 1 - Levante UD 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||25 Nov 2012||Levante UD 0 - Barcelona 4|
|La Liga (LIGA)||14 Apr 2012||Levante UD 1 - Barcelona 2|
|La Liga (LIGA)||3 Dec 2011||Barcelona 5 - Levante UD 0|
|La Liga (LIGA)||11 May 2011||Levante UD 1 - Barcelona 1|
|19 May 2013||Levante UD 2 - Rayo Vallecano 3||LIGA|
|10 May 2013||Levante UD 0 - Zaragoza 0||LIGA|
|5 May 2013||Mallorca 1 - Levante UD 1||LIGA|
|27 Apr 2013||Levante UD 0 - Celta 1||LIGA|
|20 Apr 2013||Barcelona 1 - Levante UD 0||LIGA|
|Returns:||Levante £150.00||Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|Returns:||Draw £50.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Barcelona £13.00||Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
|1||Gustavo Adolfo Munúa||Goalkeeper|
|12||Juan García García||Defender|
|17||Javier Rodríguez Venta||Defender|
|-||Jefferson Antonio Montero||Midfielder|
|-||Andreu Fontàs Prat||Defender|
|8||Andrés Iniesta Luján||Midfielder|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|Gustavo Adolfo Munúa|