Leeds - Tottenham Preview: First meeting since Spurs' FA Cup replay win of 2009-10
The Yorkshire side, mid-table in the Championship, will be aiming to cause another upset after knocking Everton out of the Capital One Cup earlier in the season
By Nicholas McGee
Byram, Peltier, Lees, White
McCormack, Becchio, Diouf
Walker, Caulker, Dawson, Naughton
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Leeds United do not have too many injury concerns but will be without Adam Drury (ankle) for the foreseeable future.
William Gallas (calf) faces a late fitness test for Tottenham, who could also be without Jan Vertonghen (illness).
Younes Kaboul (knee) is out until February and midfielder Sandro (knee) is expected to miss the rest of the season after undergoing surgery.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Leeds United have only won the FA Cup on one occasion, back in 1972, when Don Revie's side overcame Arsenal 1-0 thanks to an Allan Clarke goal.
- Tottenham have lifted the famous trophy eight times but have not reached the final since 1991. Des Walker's injury-time own goal gave Nottingham Forest a 2-1 win on that occasion.
- These two teams last met in the 2009-10 FA Cup, with Spurs going through 3-1 in a replay at Elland Road after a 2-2 draw at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs star Aaron Lennon (pictured right) was a product of the Leeds youth system, the Chapeltown-born winger spending four years with his hometown club and making 38 appearances.
Lennon is 14/1 with Bet365 to score first in a Tottenham win.
- Leeds last beat the north Londoners back in 2001, earning a 2-1 win at White Hart Lane to complete a league double.
- United striker Luciano Becchio is eight appearances shy of 200 for the club but has submitted a transfer request.
- A hat-trick for Jermain Defore would see him take his club goalscoring record for Tottenham up to 130.
|Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Sign up today with Coral and get a £50 FREE bet - no strings attached!|
|Sign up today with BetVictor and get a £25 FREE BET!|
Top 3 Predictions
Leeds 0-3 Tottenham
- 18.52 %
Leeds 1-3 Tottenham
- 15.87 %
Leeds 0-2 Tottenham
- 11.82 %
|FA Cup (FA)||27 Jan 2013||Leeds 2 - Tottenham 1|
|FA Cup (FA)||3 Feb 2010||Leeds 1 - Tottenham 3|
|FA Cup (FA)||23 Jan 2010||Tottenham 2 - Leeds 2|
|4 May 2013||Watford 1 - Leeds 2||ENG2|
|27 Apr 2013||Leeds 1 - Brighton & Hove Albion 2||ENG2|
|20 Apr 2013||Birmingham City 1 - Leeds 0||ENG2|
|16 Apr 2013||Leeds 1 - Burnley 0||ENG2|
|13 Apr 2013||Leeds 2 - Sheffield Wednesday 1||ENG2|
|Returns:||Leeds £60.00||Sign up to Paddy Power for £250 in free bets|
|Returns:||Draw £55.00||Sign up with William Hill for a free bet up to £25|
|Returns:||Tottenham £810.00||Sign up with bet365 for a free bet up to £200|
|27||Davide Enrico Somma||Striker|
Will he stay? Will he go? Leeds' Argentine striker has handed in a transfer request but could still be vital to the Yorkshire club's fortunes if he does remain at Elland Road. The former Barcelona B man is undoubtedly United's best forward and, if he combines well with Ross McCormack and El-Hadji Diouf, he could cause the Premier League side a host of problems.
The Belgian midfielder has quickly become an integral part of the Spurs setup since joining from Fulham and, although he has only scored once and notched three assists this term, the 25-year-old's accurate range of passing and creative influence make him a huge asset to the Tottenham ranks. Expect him to have an impact if the North London side are to advance to the fifth Round.
Leeds have been one of the more inconsistent teams in the Championship and have struggled to put together a run of form for much of the season. By contrast, Spurs continue to compete in the upper reaches of the Premier League and should have too much for a spirited home side on the day.
Times In GMT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed