Real time, real news: Goal.com LIVE! brings you the action as it happens.
The Stuttgart striker has scored just once in 14 appearances so far this season but could be given a new lease of life in London under Martin Jol.
Montes has claimed the former Barcelona man has rejected moves to Russia and the United States, with La Liga side Villarreal also believed to be keen on the Mexican.
"Giovani Dos Santos has offers from Russia and the United States but he has told them that he is not going to play there," he told ESPN Raza Deportiva.
"Tottenham told Giovani that Major League Soccer (in America) had put in an offer for him but the player has other plans.
"As things stand it appears that Giovani Dos Santos will stay at Spurs."
The ex-Manchester United man believes if the club can seal promotion to the Championship this season, there is no reason why he would'nt switch St. James' Park for Stadium mk in the summer.
"As soon as you get a feeling or a belief about a place it's difficult to walk away," he told BBC Look East.
"Fingers crossed if stuff does go well and we do get promoted something long-term can hopefully happen."
Maybe someone should tell him Newcastle won't be paying him £57,500 next season as well while he enjoys himself with the Dons.
Yet the deal will apparently not go through until the outcome of Nikica Jelavic's future is decided. The Toffees are believed to be waiting to see how much the Rangers forward's acquistion will cost before rubber-stamping the deal.
"Newcastle United midfielder Yohan Cabaye has been charged with violent conduct following an incident in the FA Cup fourth round tie against Brighton Hove Albion," an FA statement said.
"Cabaye was involved in an incident involving Brighton's Adam El-Abd during the FA Cup tie at the Amex Stadium on Saturday 28 January.
"Cabaye has until 6pm on Tuesday, January 31 2012 to respond to the charge."
And since John is gracing us with his presence, we thought we should spread the love to you, the lifeblood of Goal.com. So put your thinking caps on, get 'mind-mapping' and send over you questions for Hartson and our experts Wayne Veysey and Peter Staunton.
It seems Liverpool included some footage of the alleged racist gesture made at Anfield during the club's 2-1 FA Cup victory over Manchester United in the highlight footage that appeared on their website.
"We can confirm that footage was mistakenly included in the highlights package that appeared on the website," a Liverpool spokesperson said.
"It should not have been included and we are sorry it happened. It was removed immediately when it was brought to our attention."
That's dealt with. End of.
He wrote in Twitter: "1st appearance on Goal.com tonight, quite a late show discussing all the transfer latest news! Last minute madness."
Get your questions in for the 36-year-old right here!
The Seagulls completed a loan deal for Wolves forward Sam Vokes earlier today, but it'll take a fairly tempting offer for the Scottish striker to leave the AMEX Stadium, having only joined the club from Peterborough in the summer.
Elsewhere, our very own Kris Voakes looks at Carlos Tevez's future, Thiago Motta's switch to Paris Saint-Germain, and the other potential moves that could still happen in the January transfer window.
The striker told the club's official website: "I am delighted to be here. It has been a frustrating season so far because I have suffered a couple of injuries.
"Hopefully I will score goals and along the way pick up assists."