Chime in with Goal.com and other users and share your opinions.
It's rather quiet on the done deal front today, but it was mightily busy yesterday afternoon/evening. Jonathan de Guzman joined Napoli, Leroy Fer went to QPR, Norwich signed Cameron Jerome and Carlos Cueller, and Marcos Rojo was finally confirmed as a Manchester United player. All the latest completed transfers below...
Transfer Zone: Latest done deals
New Borussia Dortmund striker Ciro Immobile says Antonio Conte wanted him at Juventus earlier this summer. Juve owned part of his economic rights but let Dortmund sign him on a permanent deal. The 24-year-old was quoted as saying by La Repubblica: "I spoke with Conte and he wanted to take me back to Juventus. However, Juventus then reached an agreement with Borussia Dortmund. In the end, they were the ones who made the final decision."
Immobile: Conte wanted me at Juventus
Not if the Southern Daily Echo is to be believed. Southampton are keen on Tottenham winger Andros Townsend but will reportedly drop their interest in him if Spurs demand Morgan Schneiderlin in return. Schneiderlin played the full 90 minutes against Liverpool on Sunday and Saints boss Ronald Koeman reiterated for the bazillionth time after the game that he wants to keep the midfielder.
Transfer Talk: Southampton rule out swap deal
Team Woodward! A reminder: Ed has already spent more money this summer than Manchester United ever have in a transfer window. And that was also the case BEFORE the signing of Marcos Rojo. #TEAMWOODWARD
@goaluk wao!!! good news for man utd most especially Woodward. I just hope he doesn't turn to PSG instead— Akinola Samson (@SamsonPsalmson) August 21, 2014
Here are five of the top articles on Goal today (oh, look what's first!):
1. You are here right now! It's the place to be...
2. Di Maria has asked to leave Madrid, reveals Ancelotti
3. Barcelona want to sign Reus and Koke - latest rumours
4. VIDEO - Can Man United spend their way out of trouble?
5. Wenger hints at move for defender & defensive midfielder
And here's what he had to say on Sami Khedira: "Khedira's situation is different than Di Maria's situation. He has just one more year to go on his current contract and he has only recently come back from a serious injury. We will see what happens, but he has not requested a transfer."
The Real Madrid coach said: "The player has requested a transfer this summer. He rejected the club's offer to stay at Madrid, so we are looking for a solution. We will find a solution for Di Maria before the end of the transfer window, but he remains a Madrid player for now. We are in a situation that the player has to fix himself. I'm surprised that it seems as if we are not all in agreement about the situation, but this is not the case. We are all on the same line here. If Di Maria cannot find a solution for his future, he will stay here. We embrace him and he can continue to work here. There's no problem."
Q. Does Bas Dost have the shortest name in world football? Answer. Most certainly. The guy doesn’t even have a middle name! His full name is seven letters, for crying out loud! Anyway, the Wolfsburg striker's agent Gunter Neuhaus has told Goal: "Bas sees a step to the Eredivisie as a setback, so a transfer to a big competition is preferable. The Premier League, for example, is a league he wants to play in."
It's the news Manchester United fans have been waiting for all summer. But let's not forget that Paris Saint-Germain are also keen and are reportedly interested in taking the Argentine on loan for the season. Full story below.
Ancelotti: Di Maria has asked to leave Real Madrid
There's suddenly a change of tone in the Manchester United members of The Twittersphere. United have been WATCHING THIS SPACE all summer and can afford to break the world transfer record. Now's your chance, Ed - become a hero!
@GoalUK Thanks Danny! Won't be jumping today! Unless he's thinking of PSG...— Faisal Obeidat (@FaisalObeidat7) August 21, 2014
@GoalUK this is ed woodwards big chance! Get Di Maria— Mathieson Jenkin (@mathojenkin) August 21, 2014
It's all happening at Real Madrid. It's also been confirmed by Carlo Ancelotti that Sami Khedira has rejected a new contract with the club. However, he has NOT asked to leave. The midfielder's contract expires at the end of the season, though - could Madrid be tempted to cash in now?
Business is picking up! Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Manchester United target Angel Di Maria wants to leave Real Madrid. He told reporters: "Di Maria has asked to leave and rejected an offer from club. [But] if he does not find a future solution he stays, no problem."
He's only been away for 18 months but Mario Balotelli is set for a swift return to England with Liverpool. Talks are taking place with the striker's agent Mino Raiola in London today and a £16 million move from AC Milan could be completed by the end of the week. He has also reportedly told Sky Sport Italia: "Today is my last day in Milan. I am going to Liverpool."
According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Roma have given up hope of keeping Mehdi Benatia and are looking to replace him with either Tottenham's Vlad Chiriches or Manchester City's Matija Nastasic. A delegation from the Serie A club has reportedly been sent to London in an attempt to negotiate a deal.
Transfer Talk: Roma line up Benatia replacement
The latest video in our Transfer Talk series is now available on YouTube, so check out Goal's Sam Lyon and Greg Stobart discussing the latest movements in the window below. Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and many more are on the agenda...
Cesc Fabregas wasted no time in announcing himself back on the Premier League stage with a #PassOfTheSeason contender on his Chelsea debut - but Arsene Wenger does not begrudge the midfielder his move to Stamford Bridge. "I have no regrets that Fabregas [joined Chelsea]," Wenger told reporters. "My only regret is that he left us in the first place."
Wenger: No regrets over Fabregas move
After a story from the Daily Mail revealed that Malky Mackay and Iain Moody are being investigated by the FA over "sexist, racist and homophobic" text messages and emails during their time at Cardiff, it has been confirmed by Crystal Palace that Moody has resigned from his role as sporting director.
A club statement reads: "In light of the events of yesterday, Sporting Director, Iain Moody has tendered his resignation and it has been accepted with immediate effect. There will be no further comment from the club on this matter."
Away from the transfer talk, Everton manager Roberto Martinez has played down the extent of Ross Barkley's knee injury but says it could still rule him out for up to nine weeks. He said: "We all know it's a partial tear and that could take a very different time depending on the player and I'm sure, with Ross Barkley, it will take a little time - possibly between seven, eight, nine weeks."
Everton sweating on Barkley injury
Make Your Prediction Choose match
VfL Wolfsburg - FC Bayern München
Most Popular Predictions
VfL Wolfsburg 1-3 FC Bayern München
- 12.28 %
VfL Wolfsburg 0-2 FC Bayern München
- 12.28 %
VfL Wolfsburg 0-3 FC Bayern München
- 11.16 %